Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM

I love the UFO's that you ladies have finished. I have about 20 or more UFO's and they are mostly quilt tops. If I can get some finished I will definitely post them here. Right now I am busy working on WIP's I love doing them but seem to put them away when the top is finished.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 AM

I would like to join this. My sewing room is overflowing with UFOs.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
You guys are doing a great job!! I love hearing the bell ring every time someone finishes another UFO (ok, it's only in my imagination, but I still love it!) LOL! I only have 5 more of the 20 blocks to finish quilting, then I will do the trimming and binding. I sure hope to have this tshirt quilt done by this weekend.
It's much heavier and bigger than I am used to so I have to take a break after each block. Moving that puppy around is wearing on my poor old self. Ohhh, when I was pinning the layers, I got a great photo of my camera shy quilt inspector. I think she is telling me I need more and higher quality safety pins. LOL
My quilt inspector has that same expression every time I take a pict of him!
Old 01-25-2012, 12:11 PM

q.alba... that is a great runner!! Great job.

Can't wait to see a picture of your quilt.. oh yeah, that reminds me. I need to take a picture of MINE lol I get distracted way too easily...
Old 01-26-2012, 04:50 AM

q.alba- Lovely tulips. That'll make your table happy any season! (What is mending? Oh, wait a minuet, I think I have a bag of that waiting for me to do. It's been there for a couple of years!)[/QUOTE]

dublb - that mending is an unofficial member of my UFO list. I told myself that I can't start another UFO until I get this mending done. It should not take more than a half hour but it has been sitting there for months! Shows how many clothes I have if I can let some sit that long!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by q.alba View Post
q.alba- Lovely tulips. That'll make your table happy any season! (What is mending? Oh, wait a minuet, I think I have a bag of that waiting for me to do. It's been there for a couple of years!)
dublb - that mending is an unofficial member of my UFO list. I told myself that I can't start another UFO until I get this mending done. It should not take more than a half hour but it has been sitting there for months! Shows how many clothes I have if I can let some sit that long![/QUOTE]

I had to make mending a member of my UFOs as well...
Old 01-26-2012, 08:23 AM

Default Tulip Bells

Originally Posted by q.alba View Post
Yes! It is finished! Tulip Bells runner by Southwind Designs. Now, on to the next one. May have to do some mending first, though.
I have this pattern and have made two of this in different color combos. It is not as hard as it looks and comes out very stunning. Yours is wonderful!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
...I love hearing the bell ring every time someone finishes another UFO (ok, it's only in my imagination, but I still love it!) LOL! .... I sure hope to have this tshirt quilt done by this weekend.... I got a great photo of my camera shy quilt inspector. I think she is telling me I need more and higher quality safety pins. LOL
Linda, Loved your shy quilt inspector pic. Your t-shirt quilt looks great too and looking forward to seeing it finished. You are an amazing quilter and I am always excited to see your next creative project!
Old 01-26-2012, 08:46 AM

I'm ready! Jumping in with both feet!
Old 01-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

I am joining. There is a scary organized stack of UFOs in my closet. I don't even want to count them but I do want to finnish them. DH is gone this weekend so a perfect time to start and sign up. I need the support of a group like this.