Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 48 of 166 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 98 148 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Blog Entries
    dressmakergurl- Wow! is my fist thought. What a great jacket. I must have been a gypsy in another life bexcause these wild colors really appeal to me. ! :-) If your mom doesn't want it....hint hint!
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

Looking for a reason to quilt again

I'm game! Since my brother and father passed away.......well lets just say everything got put away. We just celebrated the one year anniversary, and, God is telling me its time to create again. So......this should help me get my head and heart back on track!

Blog Entries
    Welcome NotByTheBook. Sorry for your loss. Lot's of inspiration here so jump right in.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Quote Originally Posted by q.alba View Post
    Yes! It is finished! Tulip Bells runner by Southwind Designs. Now, on to the next one. May have to do some mending first, though.
    Love your fabric choices! A beautiful job.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NotByTheBook View Post
    I'm game! Since my brother and father passed away.......well lets just say everything got put away. We just celebrated the one year anniversary, and, God is telling me its time to create again. So......this should help me get my head and heart back on track!
    Welcome.
    I am sorry for your loss.
    I hope you find your quilting therapeutic.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Finally - #1 finished!

I finally completed my first UFO for this challenge. These four placemats were started four years ago. I completed and gifted the matching table runner at that time.

My sister will receive these for Christmas in 2012.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    Oh how nice. Love those placemats. Ok, now that I hit my goal for January, 10 projects done, I am off to February. My goal will be to get 10 done as well at the least. This way by end of year I should have all my UFOs completed. Then i can start some new stuff. The only flaw in my plan is that I keep adding in extra things to do to keep up with the present, like extra swaps. I need to figure a way to incorporate the new things from the old things. Any ideas? out of my UFOs, there are only three things for my house, the rest are whatevers. Takes the drive out of it ya think?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Blog Entries
    Rita....love those placemats. What did the table runner look like?

QuilterMomma....sounds like maybe the whatevers could be used for some of your swaps!
    Kris

Blog Entries
    Rita, I like the placemats.
    The background color is beautiful.

I've started working on another UFO.
    It's a top that needed quilting. I sandwiched it last week.
    Since it was a stormy day here today, I sat and quilted for 3 hours with just a few short breaks.
    I have over 1/2 the top quilted. I may get this one finished tomorrow...at least the quilting part of it.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Huge welcome hugggggggsssssssssss NotByTheBook!! Happy to have you with us. This is a wonderful supportive and motivational group here so you are in the right place. Working with our hands definitely helps to heal our hearts and we are here to encourage you and support you as you move on in your life.
    We'd love to hear what project you are going to tackle and see pics before and after.
    Today I worked on my Feb. project and got two of the corner units sewn together. Yayyyyyy, a little head start is always good. Here is a pic of what I am doing just now: Marine's Memories
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Page 48 of 166 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 58 98 148 ... LastLast