Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 51 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Thread: UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Gingamet View Post
    OK, my first QB act. UFO's are me. One this month, huh . . . I'll do it. Thanks for the encouragement. I was reading (? somewhere?) that when we don't finish things, it teaches us we can't. I want to learn i can. Will be back within the month with a picture.
    Yes You Can!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to this group, but I did get 3 small UFO's mostly done. I just need to hand stitch the binding down. Does that count? I will do that in the evening while watching tv with my hubby.
    Name:  mug rug front.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  22.2 KBName:  mugrug back.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  56.4 KB holiday mug rugs these are all complete

breakfast tablerunner (sorry there are 2)
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Last edited by Mrs.D; 02-02-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: picture title

Wow! Everyone has been so productive. Nothing completed but here is my excuse. I am negotiating the purchase of a manufactured home. Who knew the process would take over my life? So can I still be a member of the group, even if I am the least productive? The very worst is that it probably won't get any better with moving and painting etc. Maybe I can just be a disreputable member.

tablerunner back- my 1st try at free motion quilting.
    Name:  tr redstar.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  82.4 KBName:  tr greenstar.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  98.0 KBName:  tr back.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  28.5 KBName:  FM quilting.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  69.4 KB

and my last project - this is a Chaulk board for my Mom's motor home. She loves the ocean. Have had it for about 8years.
    Name:  lighthouse.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  56.7 KBName:  lighthouseback.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  120.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Sweet and useful. I like it very much. Sew cute.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=dublb;4935934]How I use Press & Seal. First I cut a piece of Press & Seal to fit my block. It was too thin so I put another small piece with it. Then I put this piece onto the paper that I was copying swirls from & traced it with a Sharpie marker. I had ta make a few adjustments so that it flowed & fit on the square. Third I put the press & seal onto the block I want ta quilt. Those pieces in the picture have been on the quilt for 4 months so they are staying. I'll have ta smooth 'em out when I start quilting again, 'cause some of the edges are coming up. After it is quilted and it's time to take it off, it tears better than paper. Some of the tight corners are a little hard ta come off but I then use tweezers. Clear as mud?[/QUOT

Crystal clear! You did a great job explaining.

Thank you for the information.
    I read about using Press n' Seal on quilts back about 2 years ago,
    but never really knew how to use it.

I am doing some sampler blocks in between quilting my tops. I may use this idea on
    those blocks.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by ranger; 02-03-2012 at 03:44 AM.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.D View Post
    tablerunner back- my 1st try at free motion quilting.
    Name:  tr redstar.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  82.4 KBName:  tr greenstar.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  98.0 KBName:  tr back.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  28.5 KBName:  FM quilting.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  69.4 KB
    They look great.
    I have done some practicing with FMQ but still have a long way to go before I would consider it acceptable.
    I can do fairly well on small pieces but fear that FMQing with the bulk of a full size quilt would frustrate me.
    Practice makes perfect, I guess.
    Thanks for sharing your projects.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.D View Post
    Hi everyone, I am pretty new to this group, but I did get 3 small UFO's mostly done. I just need to hand stitch the binding down. Does that count? I will do that in the evening while watching tv with my hubby.
    Name:  mug rug front.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  22.2 KBName:  mugrug back.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  56.4 KB holiday mug rugs these are all complete

breakfast tablerunner (sorry there are 2)
    Love the mug rugs.

Hope you got the binding finished last evening.
    ranger

Blog Entries
    Emma, I too am in the process of packing and moving. I should be in my new home by next weekend. Don't worry about the score card. Just join.Check in. Maybe we can encourage you to do a little here....a little there until your completely through this. And can pick up and get through your WIP's, UFO's. No quilty police here. Just good quilty fun. I haven't completed anything yet this month either. But, I need to get started on some blocks for a block swap I want to participate in....I'm going to sew. Have a good day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Wow! Everyone has been so productive. Nothing completed but here is my excuse. I am negotiating the purchase of a manufactured home. Who knew the process would take over my life? So can I still be a member of the group, even if I am the least productive? The very worst is that it probably won't get any better with moving and painting etc. Maybe I can just be a disreputable member.
    My avatar is my first grandbaby!! Brantley 10-2-12
    **QB Monthly Bee Block Swap Theme (5-27-14)*
    **NEW** Trees, Think Fantasy, Think Enchanted, Think fairys and woodland animals. Think brighter fabrics. (Nothing pale or muted.) **TREES** Any kind of block, pieced, embroidery, or applique, your choice.

Page 51 of 166 FirstFirst ... 41 50 51 52 61 101 151 ... LastLast