Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 02-07-2012, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Ok, I know this is not the UFO, but finished one so did not become an UFO. here is my valentine quilt from the swap we just had. Not the greatest photo, but works. [ATTACH=CONFIG]309488[/ATTACH]
That's cute, QM.
I like the 'heart' quilting.

I think it still counts...I don't think it MUST be a UFO.....it's a finish and that's what it's all about.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
I have another finish. Onaemtnest's turtles. (made as a special request from a board member.) You know, that saying when you fill your plate with too much food...."Your eyes are bigger then your stomach". Well, I think I did that with the turtles. I have 3 more little ones that just need their shells attached. And four bigger ones that are just a fraction of the way finished. But, I do have one completely finished. Mailed off and received. These really are the cutest things. And after the initial first one, very easy. But, they are more time consuming then I thought they would be.
Haven't been on here in a few days and there are so many new FOs.

Judith your turtles are adorable.
Thanks for sharing the extra photos, so we can see some of the details.
These make pretty and useful gifts.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
Thank you so much everybody. And, I'm going to keep fitting in at least one UFO a month. Because I still have a few things to finished. Things I want to finish.! Besides, I love coming here to see all the pretty finished projects. My projects are simple. (that's how I quilt right now) But yours are sew inspiring. And as my quilting skills grow....I am inspired to try new things. Funny, finding out I'm going to be a grandma...I'm just giddy, happy, all smiles. And, hopefully that will show in my quilting as well.
Congrats on the pending grandparenthood!!! You know your joy will show in your quilting because it comes from your heart and the love you have is in every stitch! Just a hint, by the 6th one, you are just a little less giddy. LOL
Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 AM

PS: I'm ready to trim the edges and put on the binding, which I have already made!! The Marine Memories Quilt will soon be a FO.

Judith, I love those turtles, I'm going to search the board now for the tutorial. Hope there is one! They are just too adorable and my sister LOVES turtles.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:58 AM

Just tried searching and didn't find it, but then I suck at searching. Judith, any chance you can link me to the instructions? Hugs and smiles and happy quilting all. I'm off to my appt at the pain clinic today! Wish me luck.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 PM

I'm sure enjoying all the pics of finished UFOs. The bargello is gorgeous. I love the turtle pincushions. And someone is going to have a new grandbaby- congrats!

Picked up my Grouchy Ladybug (Eric Carl panel) quilt today. Just have to put the binding on and can get it sent off to my nieces. I think the LAer fell in love with it. I had asked for an all over design and he couldn't resist outlining the leaves & little ladybugs - he didn't charge me XTra so I didn't complain. I dropped off my sis's BD quilt to be quilted so hopefully will have it back soon. He was plotting out some fancy stitching for that one too. I warned her it might take a while. So there is a little dent in the UFO pile. Should I mention that I also started a '4 patch posie' ? There always seems to be something new to try. I also have two QOV panel quilts in the works. Just have to figure out the borders on one of those and it can be turned over to the other group members to finish.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 PM

Great going BarbEllen! Do ya have any picts? Would love ta see 'em.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Ive managed to finish THREE ufo's this past month,,, it feels SOOOOOO GOOD!!! Hope the pictures come through.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 PM

Default UFO's finally finished

the braid quilt still needs to be quilted but the other two are completely finished
Attached Thumbnails braid-quilt.jpg   batik-9patchtop.jpg   blue-scrappy-finished.jpg  
Old 02-07-2012, 03:59 PM

Wow! Those are lovely! Is that second one a disappearing 4 patch?