Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 12-15-2011, 04:56 PM

How do you sign up for the Challenge/Adventure? I want and need to be a part of a Challenge like this. I have so many UFOs, I have to do something. Need motivation! Help!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:12 PM

I'm in! I have a couple large projects and several small projects that need to be finished! Shame on me ---- Will provide history WHEN I do complete the two bigger projects!!!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:49 PM

Me too! Me too!

I already have a list of UFO's. Since the downturn of the economy, my husband and I have been cutting back lots. My quilting has become finish whatever I've started, then make the ones I bought everything for but not started and don't buy anything except what you need to finish a quilt. Plus rotary blades and thread!

My UFO list right now is at 20, I know they're a couple more. As to ones that I've bought fabric for, with patterns, the number is around 30 more.

I won't even start on how many patterns I've bought to do. But no fabric. The not-buying plan includes no patterns, books, tools etc.

My first UFO is a square in a square quilt. My aunt hand pieced the blocks long ago. I've got them sandwiched in sets of 4. I am ready to join and QAYG. It is my way of sticking with our economy plan.

I'm trying to do as many as I can with QAYG or tying. I've spent a lot of money on having quilts quilted for me. I hand quilt ones I think are "worthy" of that kind of devotion and time.
Old 12-16-2011, 06:32 AM

Quiltermomma, Wow, I thought I had a lot of UFOs with over 40, but I think maybe we should crown you QUEEN of the UFO. Good luck this year on getting some out the door.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:41 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I have never been in a challenge. This sounds fun! I have many UFOs. Too many. All stages. Can I start right now or do I have to wait until January 1, 2012?
Old 12-16-2011, 08:54 AM

Any UFO you have!

Originally Posted by IBQLTN View Post
OK, I'll join in. My DH is in rehab with knee replacement right now so I have no time to make the presents I started or didn't even get started on!

Is it any UFO? Because I have some purses in various states that need to be completed as well as some quilts.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:56 AM

No official sign up or list. Just consider yourself a member and post throughout the year, if you can!

Originally Posted by terriequilts View Post
How do you sign up for the Challenge/Adventure? I want and need to be a part of a Challenge like this. I have so many UFOs, I have to do something. Need motivation! Help!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I have never been in a challenge. This sounds fun! I have many UFOs. Too many. All stages. Can I start right now or do I have to wait until January 1, 2012?
I've started! This thread inspired me, and I was desperate to do some sewing after several weeks without, so I'm working on the wall hanging that's just been waiting for me to deal with threading in the ends and other finishing touches. I thought I'd finish it today, but have noticed a small problem I need to fix, so maybe tomorrow!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:05 AM

I'm just finishing my last Christmas project today, then need to clean up my sewing area some what, just enough that the spare bed can go in there for my Christmas house guest. After holidays will need to really dig out that room to find all my UFO's LOL (that is on my new years resulation list) Then I will start my UFO's just not enough hrs in the day this year Happy Holidays to all!! will see you in 2012!!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:18 AM

Count me in. I only have a few. But I would love to get them all done next yr.