Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
UFO Challenge of the Month 2012 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

UFO Challenge of the Month 2012

Old 02-24-2012, 08:48 AM

mimiknoxtaylor, where did you get your patterns from? I could use those to finish my SILs quilt that needs to be done in March for his birthday. I have only been working on it for nearly two years. It is a western theme quilt and I could sure use your patternsto finish it. It is so adorable. His will be more grown up on fabric, but those are nice blocks.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:50 AM

It was great to get on this am see all the wonderful quilts and hear all the bells and whistles. Fantastic!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:19 AM

Sandy, that's beautiful! I bet you do sell it!
Old 02-24-2012, 01:54 PM

Here is a wallhanging I finished. i embroidered it last year and put together but never finished it. Was playing on my longarm.
Attached Thumbnails img_1002.jpg   img_1003.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 PM

Quilter Momma, Nice finish. I haven't finished anything in awhile. I've been packing and moving and trying to keep up with my swaps. I still have to go back and drool over all the finished projects again. I like to fully enjoy the inspiration. The bell is chiming for you.

But, I am very happy to say I too finally have a finish. I started a bunch of needlebooks when I joined the needlebook swap. It was definitely one of those "over achiever" moments. They were fun and cute as the dickens. But, very time consuming. And, of course, the perfectionist in me, wouldn't let it go. So, lol, they are finished. Or at least all the ones I had cut out. To date, I've made, 6 momma turtles and 5 baby turtles. And, one momma and one baby that were proto types that didn't quilt make it to the finish line. But, I learned all my mistakes on them.

So, great job everyone. I've enjoyed looking at all your finished projects. Lot's and lot's of inspiration. And, of course a lot of add on's to my bucket list. (I hear lot's of chiming.)
Attached Thumbnails sam_0181.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 03:24 PM

Those are so adorable. I have not seend something like that. They are so cute. Great choice on fabric!!!! Bells and Whistles for you on those turtles!!!!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:49 PM

Love those turtle needle cases. What a cool idea. Always fun to learn as you go.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM

Darlin' turtles!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:42 AM
Power Poster

i'm sort of behind on finishing a ufo for february-although i did manage to finish 2 tops- i am waiting for the backing to arrive-had to order- and it is not here yet---i am quickly running out of month- but it does mean i (should) have 2 or 3 at least finished in March-so i guess that sort of makes up for it- i am working hard to (stay on track) finishing UFO's and working completely out of my stash - with purchases being only backings----i do have a large stash but am reaching the point where i do not have (yardage)---mostly smaller pieces to work with- so it is becoming more and more of a challenge- but a challenge i am so far up for....and my UFO stacks are shrinking too---except for the stacks of tops under the quilting machine...i need to more from the sewing room to the quilting room soon
Old 02-25-2012, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4 View Post
I have to say that I loved the PHD acronym and all my UFO's will now be PHD's. :-) Will post a pic of a quilt that isn't totally mine but I did do a part. Our guild members each took a block from this kit called Quilters Garden..(Thimbleberries-Lynette Jensen)and made it up. then another member added the center pre-printed pieces and border. We sent it off to the LA quilter and then another member added the binding. Now we hope we can sell it so that we can have enough to put toward a quilt retreat for all of us.
That's beautiful.
All the guild members did a great job with piecing and quilting.
I have seen that kit advertised in magazines.
I love Thimbleberries fabrics but it is difficult to get it in this area.