I am looking for tote bag patterns using the Jelly Rolls. I have one at home that I love from Thimbleberries but does not help me here. If you have any and can share them I would appreciate it. I am making them for Pay it Forward Gifts.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Originally Posted by charsuewilson
I find muslin sheets to be too coarse to use in a quilt. I've used mostly percale sheets (210 thread count). The higher thread counts are not always accurate. There's some cheating used to claim the higher thread counts. I have used some claimed to be 300 count in quilts. As others have noted, it's getting harder to find 100% cotton sheets. It's also hard to find individual sheets sold separately.
I have bought sets of sheets and used the bottom ones for smaller quilts. Works for me
Some photos of the blocks I have received.
I've added the sashing. There actually is a split in the center so the (fake) tree trunk can go thru. I also realized I could use it on one of my tables, just put something over the split...
Phase 3 coming soon!
Does anyone have a knitting pattern for a mans stocking cap?
Originally Posted by maddyinoz14
my attempt at understanding the instructions for the disappearing pinwheel churn dash block.
DISAPPEARING PINWHEEL – CHURN DASH
FABRIC: two layer cakes. – one solid colour /one floral – contrasting colours SIZE: - 10 inch sq. - precut fabric
choose one solid and one floral -put them right sides together.
sew all the way around the outside edge 1/4 inch
cut it both directions diagonally [IMG]file:///C:\Users\MADELE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\ 01\clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]
Sorry that I can't seem to get the "up close" picture posted--I've switched to an inherited laptop with Vista and can see why it was replaced so quickly--trying to avoid having to buy a new laptop since my other one is ANCIENT, but this one's too frustrating.
I had a charity quilt for one of the guilds I belong to and was dreading the quilting. It was just not square. A fellow LA quilter told me it would be ok--only off a little when we did the "fold into quarters" test. So got it on the frame and found that all 3 of the borders where "off"--little pulls/tucks where they attached to each other even before I did anything! and the blocks were all wonky,too. Lots of potential for puckers and one even had about a 2" place that
I finally have time for some stuff for me. I decided to make a tree skirt. I saw an example of an 8 pointed star, here:
and decided to make one like that, but with different patchwork. I layed out the pattern on a grid and decided I needed 4 8X8 blocks for the main squares. Lots of folks have been doing swoon blocks, so I decided to use those. Put a pinwheel in the middle because fabrics