Originally Posted by Rebecca_S
Here is a baby quilt I made with a selection of extra 4 patches. There wasn't any pattern for the piecing, just a semi-random slash-and-sew method with a yard of white fabric. I used straight line quilting in each of the white areas, thanks to everyone who made suggestions on the quilting when I posted the flimsy!
Originally Posted by GammaLou
Here is the picture of what I am looking for.
My personal collection consists of:
1). Singer model 101 portable (wooden case) circa May 22, 1922.
2). Singer model 99 portable (wooden case) circa September 23, 1930.
3). Singer model 95-01 commercial (mounted atop a 1 1/2" oak table-top with a 1/2 hp motor underneath) circa January 29, 1931.
4). Singer model 15 console circa September 5, 1935.
5). Singer model 221-1 Portable "Featherweight" circa April 20, 1948.
6). Singer model 237 "Fashion
I wish to start a blog that has to with anything about older sewing machines. Most of all, Singers.
1). How to identify them.
2). Differences between models and intricacies of usage.
3). How to make them run better.
4). How to perform simple repairs.
5). Techniques of preforming cosmetic repairs on machines as well as on consoles and portable carriers.
In addition I wish to help those wanting to:
1). Find and own older machines.
Originally Posted by ozarkgal
This quilt comes from North Carolina, a log cabin with 4 blocks reversed to create a center panel.
We feathered the blocks with a feather theme outside border. Hope you enjoy the pictures and they give you some ideas.
Originally Posted by J Miller
Yep, I'm familiar with the model, I have one. Cute little critter. Mine sews up a storm.
A couple things though; they use 20x1 size needles and the bobbin is longer than a standard Singer Mdl 27 or 28 size. I've only got 4 for my machine and haven't found any more yet.
· 2015 - January Block of the Month - Photos
· 2015 - January Block of the Month - Directions & Discussion
· 2015 - February Block of the Month - Photos
· 2015 - February Block of the Month - Directions & Discussion
· 2015 - March Block of the Month - Photos
· 2015 - March Block of the Month - Directions & Discussion
· 2015 - April Block of the Month - Photos
· 2015 - April Block of the Month - Directions & Discussion
· 1-January-2014 Block/Projects Of The Month Photo's.
· 1-January-2014 Block/Project Of The Month Direction's.
· 1-February-2014 Bom Squares & Rectangles Photo's.
· 1-February-2014 Bom Directions & Discussion.
· 1-March-2014 Block Of The Month Direction's & Discussion.
· 1-March-2014 Block Of The Month Photo's.
· April 2014 Block Of The Month (Lattice Block) Photos
· April 2014 Block Of The Month (Lattice Block) Directions And Discussion
I have a sampler pattern that I want to try - but don't like all the fabrics suggested. Having a hard time "shopping online", trying to match/complement. Does anyone know of an online site (live in Germany so has to be online) where you can 'see' the collections, rather than clicking each link to open and view? Hawthorne Threads has a huge collection of Collections but it goes from A to Z and they are all links. Help.
I am trying to find this memory quilt, I think it was a wall hanging, in the middle of the quilt was a passage from the bible I think. or a poem for someone that has passed away. I remember seeing it a few years ago. I thought I saved it but not or I cant find it .. Anyone remember this quilt. I can see it but not. Hope someone can help. I need to do this for a special friend that just pass away.
Thank you wowo60