With 399 different squares this queen size quilt has been a big project. I'm more than half way through joining the squares for the quilt top. My goal is to get it done and ready to be quilted before Valentine's Day.
I have decided that the year 2013 is going to be my year for TRYING to get my sewing, and fabric rooms organized and hopefully to keep them that way.
I am starting in the fabric room as I feel this is the best place to start. Once I can get that room finished than I hope to move some of the bins of fabric from the sewing room into the fabric room thus giving me more space or "move" around.
In all honesty I have entirely TOO MUCH fabric, and I do "purge"
Our theme this year is "Yes, We Can!"
The idea is to select blocks that will challenge us to learn something new.
A block will be posted on the 1st of each month.
January - Whirling Star - From Quilter's Cache
Updated 11-12-2014 at 02:12 AM by QB-Blocks-of-the-Month
The theme in 2012 was Calendar Blocks.
Snowblossoms - From Quilter'sCache
Directions & Discussion Thread
Updated 01-15-2013 at 02:43 AM by QB-Blocks-of-the-Month
Blocks selected on the 1st of each month were:
January 2011: Church - From Quilter's Cache
Directions & Discussion: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...on-t86667.html
February 2011: Farm House - From Quilter's Cache
Directions & Discussion: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ck-t95668.html
Updated 01-14-2013 at 07:07 AM by PatriceJ
1 Jan 2010 - Sulabug - Sunflower
Discussion & Link to Directions: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32824-1.htm
1 Feb 2010 - aberi - Carol Doakes' Cross My Heart
Discussion & Link to Directions: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34887-1.htm
1 Mar 2010 - sewjoyce - Shamrock
Discussion & Link to Directions: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38273-1.htm
Updated 01-14-2013 at 07:14 AM by PatriceJ
· Jan 15 - Hole in the Barn Door - Photos
· Jan 15 09 - Hole in the Barn Door- Directions and Discussion
· January 1 2009 - Flower Bud- Photos
· January 1 2009 - Flower Bud - Link to Directions
· Feb. 15 09 - Chisholm Trail - Pictures
· Feb. 15 2009 - Chisholm Trail - Directions and Discussion
· February 1 - Plaited Block - Directions and Discussion
· Feb. 1 2009 - BOM - Plaited Block - Pictures
· March 15 - Corn and Beans - Pictures
Updated 03-18-2016 at 03:22 AM by PatriceJ
· January 15, 2008 - Crystals - Photos
· January 15,2008 - Crystals - Directions & Discussion
· January 1, 2008 - Hayes Corner - the Photos
· January 1, 2008 - Hayes Corner - Link to Directions
· February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Photos
· February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Directions & Discussion
· February 1, 2008 - Sunbonnet Sue - Photos
· February 1, 2008 - Sunbonnet Sue - Directions & Discussion
Updated 03-18-2016 at 03:18 AM by PatriceJ
BOM March 2007 - Blazing Arrows - The Photos
Quilt block of the month for March, 2007 - Blazing Arrows - Instructions & Discussion
BOM April 15th - Applique Tulip - The Photos
BOM for APRIL 15th 2007 - Primitive Tulip - Directions & DiscussionBLOCK OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - Directions & DiscussionBLOCKS OF THE MONTH - APRIL 2007 - Frolic Variation and/or Arrowheads - The PhotosBlock of the Month for May 15th - Pinwheel Star - The Photos
Updated 03-18-2016 at 03:08 AM by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by carla m
ok i have a question i hope its not too stupid. ive never hand sewn much but i have a desire to learn to handquilt.
i do everything by machine now even binding. i want to know which finger or fingers you put a thimble on since you have to size them and also what kind of thimbles are more comfortable and easy to use. im planning on trying to teach myself with videos and practicing ive also bought a couple of handquilting books to help. thanks ahead of time for all your help and info.