Originally Posted by mirabelle
This is a machine embroidered Bumblebee quilt that is going to be donated to the local Primary School for them to raffle.
I was given 2 FQ's of the pale blue fabric and told "see what you can do with this", it was left over from a challenge my club members participated in.
I stitched out the embroideries and then let it sit for a while as I didn't want to set it in rows. Searching through my designs I found the embroidery for the centre block so I stitched that out.
Originally Posted by Bonbonary
May dd asked for a warm, fleece-backed quilt for their very cold basement TV room. She said any pattern would do so I got to play with a new style for me. I saw a sample of one of these denim quilts on Pinterest and thought this would be a great time to try it. I just pulled out six pairs of jeans which were headed for Goodwill, some black fabric from my stash and started cutting. The great part is that the 1" strips in between the denim squares mean you don't have bulky seams and the black
With 399 different squares this queen size quilt has been a big project. I'm more than half way through joining the squares for the quilt top. My goal is to get it done and ready to be quilted before Valentine's Day.
I have decided that the year 2013 is going to be my year for TRYING to get my sewing, and fabric rooms organized and hopefully to keep them that way.
I am starting in the fabric room as I feel this is the best place to start. Once I can get that room finished than I hope to move some of the bins of fabric from the sewing room into the fabric room thus giving me more space or "move" around.
In all honesty I have entirely TOO MUCH fabric, and I do "purge"
Our theme this year is "Yes, We Can!"
The idea is to select blocks that will challenge us to learn something new.
A block will be posted on the 1st of each month.
January - Whirling Star - From Quilter's Cache
Updated 11-12-2014 at 02:12 AM by QB-Blocks-of-the-Month
The theme in 2012 was Calendar Blocks.
Snowblossoms - From Quilter'sCache
Directions & Discussion Thread
Updated 01-15-2013 at 02:43 AM by QB-Blocks-of-the-Month
Blocks selected on the 1st of each month were:
January 2011: Church - From Quilter's Cache
Directions & Discussion: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...on-t86667.html
February 2011: Farm House - From Quilter's Cache
Directions & Discussion: http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ck-t95668.html
Updated 01-14-2013 at 07:07 AM by PatriceJ
1 Jan 2010 - Sulabug - Sunflower
Discussion & Link to Directions: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32824-1.htm
1 Feb 2010 - aberi - Carol Doakes' Cross My Heart
Discussion & Link to Directions: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-34887-1.htm
1 Mar 2010 - sewjoyce - Shamrock
Discussion & Link to Directions: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38273-1.htm
Updated 01-14-2013 at 07:14 AM by PatriceJ
· Jan 15 - Hole in the Barn Door - Photos
· Jan 15 09 - Hole in the Barn Door- Directions and Discussion
· January 1 2009 - Flower Bud- Photos
· January 1 2009 - Flower Bud - Link to Directions
· Feb. 15 09 - Chisholm Trail - Pictures
· Feb. 15 2009 - Chisholm Trail - Directions and Discussion
· February 1 - Plaited Block - Directions and Discussion
· Feb. 1 2009 - BOM - Plaited Block - Pictures
· March 15 - Corn and Beans - Pictures
Updated 03-18-2016 at 03:22 AM by PatriceJ
· January 15, 2008 - Crystals - Photos
· January 15,2008 - Crystals - Directions & Discussion
· January 1, 2008 - Hayes Corner - the Photos
· January 1, 2008 - Hayes Corner - Link to Directions
· February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Photos
· February 15, 2008 - Interwoven Puzzle - Directions & Discussion
· February 1, 2008 - Sunbonnet Sue - Photos
· February 1, 2008 - Sunbonnet Sue - Directions & Discussion
Updated 03-18-2016 at 03:18 AM by PatriceJ