Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: All recipes has over 400 crock pot recipes

Blog Entries
    I don't know if they are any good or not but worth giving them a look since so many of you have said that you use your crock pot year round. 400 recipes would put us into fall of next year!
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main-D...oker/Main.aspx

The slow cooker chicken tortilla soup from AR is good! (I think that is what it is called...) Works for either crockpot or stove-top!

that's a wonderful website, ain't it? I go there for recipes on everything. This time it's for pear butter and apple butter. My pear tree has tons of fruit this year & I wanted to experiment.

(one of the recipes uses a crockpot...)

Would you feel safe leaving your crock pot on all day , while you are not home?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    Would you feel safe leaving your crock pot on all day , while you are not home?
    I have used my crock pot while at work or out for the day for 30+ years. I have never had a problem, except if the heating element goes out, then your food is not done. I have had many crock pots over the years, the one I have now has several different heating options and times, then it goes to warm until you shut it off. I love it.

i have a friend whose crock pot exploded when he wasn't at home. after that, i started setting it down inside the sink to cook when i left it "home alone". maybe silly, but i feel better knowing it would be a little more "contained".

Quote Originally Posted by svenskaflicka1
    i have a friend whose crock pot exploded when he wasn't at home. after that, i started setting it down inside the sink to cook when i left it "home alone". maybe silly, but i feel better knowing it would be a little more "contained".
    I put my crockpot in the sink when we are traveling in our motorhome so it doesn't slide around. Not a bad idea to do it at home while gone.