Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Amish Friendship Bread (Starter) Recipe & Recipes to make the Friendship Breads

Blog Entries
    Starter Recipe:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,194,156183-225206,00.html

65 different Amish Bread Recipes to use with the starter recipe

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=Am...iendship+Bread

Thank you. I love the sweet starter but get tired of it quickly. I started a regular SourDough starter last week using just flour & water. I love that too. and so far its been very easy to tend to. and the flavor of the bread will just get better and better.

Quote Originally Posted by RkayD
    Thank you. I love the sweet starter but get tired of it quickly. I started a regular SourDough starter last week using just flour & water. I love that too. and so far its been very easy to tend to. and the flavor of the bread will just get better and better.
    don't forget you can freeze your starters.. then you just pull out your baggie and follow your recipe and wha la !!! I do this all the time and it turns out perfect everytime.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by colleen53
    don't forget you can freeze your starters.. then you just pull out your baggie and follow your recipe and wha la !!! I do this all the time and it turns out perfect everytime.
    I didn't know that, thanks for that information!

RKayD: Where did you get that SourDough starter from?

RKayD, can you tell us how to do the SourDough from start to finish.........PLEASE.......Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thank you!

RkayD,
    I would love to have the recipe for your Sour Dough starter if you have it:)

I printed the Amish Friendship Bread starter recipe already. YUM!

I have been working on organizing the ole' sewing room today. My GOSH I have alot of STUFF!

Will gladly share the SourDough Starter. It says to throw half away each time you add but I don't. I've been adding flour for 2 weeks and it is nice and frothy. And I've kept it on the counter in a glass jar. The first week it had alot of Hooch so I stopped adding water. The site that I got my info from says that you get a feel for it..and I have to say never having done this before I quickly developed the "feel".

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/sour.htm

First Loaf....WoW! Good Stuff!
    Name:  Attachment-212616.jpe
Views: 94
Size:  51.6 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Blog Entries
    thanks for sharing the recipe with all of us

I have been working on organizing the ole' sewing room today. My GOSH I have alot of STUFF!

Will gladly share the SourDough Starter. It says to throw half away each time you add but I don't. I've been adding flour for 2 weeks and it is nice and frothy. And I've kept it on the counter in a glass jar. The first week it had alot of Hooch so I stopped adding water. The site that I got my info from says that you get a feel for it..and I have to say never having done this before I quickly developed the "feel".

http://www222.pair.com/sjohn/blueroom/sour.htm

Thank you. I love making muffins from this recipie (shorter bake time and carmalized edges in every serving) but I never had the recipie for the starter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast