Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Anyone have an outstanding Peach Pie recipe to share?

Blog Entries
    I will have to brag; it is delicious, and you can make Apple or any fruit pies the same way.
    Also, if you don't have enough peaches, you can add Blueberries or other berries, and that is also delicious.
    Good luck with your peaches and peach pie!
    Mariah

Quote Originally Posted by Mariah
    I will have to brag; it is delicious, and you can make Apple or any fruit pies the same way.
    Also, if you don't have enough peaches, you can add Blueberries or other berries, and that is also delicious.
    Good luck with your peaches and peach pie!
    Mariah
    Thanks so much!! Go ahead and brag--love to hear it. :)

Many years ago, I had a recipe that called for adding a handful of the little hot cinnamon candies to a peach pie. It was actually a valentine dessert - with a heart cutout in the top crust so the "blushing peaches" would show.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana Coop
    Could the corn starch be swapped out for Tapioca? I read that Tapioca creates a "clear" glaze - and I know that corn starch creates a hazy glaze??? Just wondering???

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    thanks for the recipe

Quote Originally Posted by Crabby Patty
    Here is one to die for:

Fresh Peach Pie

Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil
    2 Tbls. sugar
    2 Tbls. milk

Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
    3 Tbls. corn starch
    2 Tbls. white syrup
    1 cup water

Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.
    This is wonderful with any type soft fruit, strawberries, raspberries,just use same flavor of jello.

You could probably substitute tapioca for the corn starch but when you cook the glaze it is clear anyway. Whichever you prefer.patti

I have done this with corn starch and it's always cloudy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nana Coop
    Could the corn starch be swapped out for Tapioca? I read that Tapioca creates a "clear" glaze - and I know that corn starch creates a hazy glaze??? Just wondering???

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    thanks for the recipe

Here is one to die for:

Fresh Peach Pie

Crust: 1-1/2 cup flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 cup oil
    2 Tbls. sugar
    2 Tbls. milk

Mix with electric mixer. Press in pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

Filling: 1/2 cup sugar'
    3 Tbls. corn starch
    2 Tbls. white syrup
    1 cup water

Cook on med. heat stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat, stir in 2 Tbls. dry peach jello. Cool in fridge 15-20 minutes. DO NOT SET. Stir in 4 cups sliced peaches. Pour in crust. Refrigerate or freeze. Enjoy.
    This is wonderful with any type soft fruit, strawberries, raspberries,just use same flavor of jello.

You could probably substitute tapioca for the corn starch but when you cook the glaze it is clear anyway. Whichever you prefer.patti

This isn't a pie but when I was a child (many years ago) mom would use canned peach halfs, drained well, with a cube of cream cheese in the middle and a drop of almond flavoring added. She would broil them just until the cream cheese got a little brown on the edges. Yum, these were so good and quick to make. Think I'll make some tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
    This isn't a pie but when I was a child (many years ago) mom would use canned peach halfs, drained well, with a cube of cream cheese in the middle and a drop of almond flavoring added. She would broil them just until the cream cheese got a little brown on the edges. Yum, these were so good and quick to make. Think I'll make some tonight.
    That does sound good! My BF's mom cans lotsa peaches, I will be passing this on to her for sure!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3