Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Babycakes cake pops

Blog Entries

Babycakes cake pops

Does anyone have one of these? I just bought one and can hardly wait to try it out. Just wondering if others have used it and what they think of it. From what I understand of the one i bought it makes the round pops that you can put on a stick or you can make baked donut holes (yum!)

I have one and its awesome! Just remember to spray both top and bottom before baking. I use a small ice cream scooper to put the mix (cake mix) in there. It only takes 4 mins. Good luck and post pics!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
    I have one and its awesome! Just remember to spray both top and bottom before baking. I use a small ice cream scooper to put the mix (cake mix) in there. It only takes 4 mins. Good luck and post pics!
    I am so excited to try it out this weekend. i really want to make the french toast pops in the recipe book but the writing is smudged as to the ingredients. Could you tell me how much shortening it takes? I thought it would be a fun thing to make for Sunday breakfast after church. Also my oldest nephew is moving in with mom and dad (going through a divorce ) and he has a 5 year old son that we hope he will have a majority of custody of so i know he would enjoy making these!

I have one and the grands love decorating them. The oldest is 14 and I let her (under my supervision) do the baking. Then I made a couple of melted candy coatings and put out some sprinkles and let the others decorate them for a b'day party. We made 87 pops and stuck them in a decorated styro block. It was the hit of the party. I also have made cinnamon rolls from canned rolls. Just separate the roll dough, roll up in a ball and bake in the pop baker. Squirt on the frosting that came with the rolls - yummy! I also have the waffle stick baker and the kids love that too.
    Kathy Stewart from IA
    http://community.webshots.com/user/kath_stirut

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kath12 View Post
    I have one and the grands love decorating them. The oldest is 14 and I let her (under my supervision) do the baking. Then I made a couple of melted candy coatings and put out some sprinkles and let the others decorate them for a b'day party. We made 87 pops and stuck them in a decorated styro block. It was the hit of the party. I also have made cinnamon rolls from canned rolls. Just separate the roll dough, roll up in a ball and bake in the pop baker. Squirt on the frosting that came with the rolls - yummy! I also have the waffle stick baker and the kids love that too.
    the cinnamon roll sounds really good! thanks!

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week! and very cold this very minute!
    my sister and I made 500 cake pops for the prom this weekend. we didnt use molds; just made em , froze em fora week; decorated em last night for tonights prom. they are delish! and so cute
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

Awe, I think those are soo cute!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

If you mean the French Breakfast Puffs----------it calls for 1/3 cup of shortening. Let us know how they are!

I took one of the recipes that had used a cake mix in it and used the cake mix of my choice. They came out really good. I did not have to spray my unit and they popped right out. We just used them like donut holes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tuppermern View Post
    If you mean the French Breakfast Puffs----------it calls for 1/3 cup of shortening. Let us know how they are!
    Thank you! The ink was smeared on just two spots and that was one of them! GRRRR out of all the recipes I wanted to try that was the first!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast