bake sale goodies

Old 06-05-2011, 12:51 PM

My Mom guarded her recipe for this until a few years ago...she's 89! :P
:lol:
Originally Posted by luv-e
Heard of Potato Candy???? On www.allrecipes.com
Old 06-05-2011, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Try my (Joanne Fluke's) Mini Cheeseburger Cookies on the recipe part of this forum. They are darling and instantly grabbed by kids and men. 2 or 4 of them on a piece of foil covered cardboard, covered with plastic wrap folded beneath it will make a good show.

I'm working on getting "French Fries' to go with them. No good recipe yet but will share it when I think it's a good one.
For the fries, how about parallel cuts across large sugar or peanut butter cookies? The sugar would look like salt. :)(Scant 1/4 inch cut of course, te-he :lol:.)
Old 06-05-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by 4L
how about mini canning jars filled with the powdered milk hot choc. mixture and label with ingred and directions. tie a fun ribbon around jar.. or pack in small Zip Loc bags and label..mixture makes a large batch so you would get many jars or packets from one batch...
or try the canning jars with all the cookie dry ingredients in it with the recipe attached. I have a book with many recipes in it. Probably could find some online.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by olmphoto2
Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Try my (Joanne Fluke's) Mini Cheeseburger Cookies on the recipe part of this forum. They are darling and instantly grabbed by kids and men. 2 or 4 of them on a piece of foil covered cardboard, covered with plastic wrap folded beneath it will make a good show.

I'm working on getting "French Fries' to go with them. No good recipe yet but will share it when I think it's a good one.
For the fries, how about parallel cuts across large sugar or peanut butter cookies? The sugar would look like salt. :)(Scant 1/4 inch cut of course, te-he :lol:.)
fun idea!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:11 PM

I have a recipe that takes regular style pretzels (about 1" size) placed on foil lined cookie sheet. Put a Rolo candy on the pretzel. Bake for 5 min at 250 degrees. Take out of oven and put pecan half on top of rolo and press down. These are a big hit at Christmas. Put 8-10 in a snack size ziploc.