Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Betty Crocker "Banana Recipes" Lots of Recipes, ♥♥ 16 Pages of Recipes ♥♥ Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    http://www.bettycrocker.com/search/s...=7&term=banana cream pie in a bowl#/?term=banana%2Bcream%2B&pi=1&mr=20

thanks!

Power Poster
    Thanks!

Another winner! Thanks to you!

I made a banana cake Easter Sunday (April 24th) and took some to my most recent Bible Study Group on Wednesday. The women raved about it! They also loved my Garden Botanical Cake plate that I used for the first time. The recipe was from my 1968 Better Home and Gardens Cookbook btw.

Blog Entries
    Please post your recipes for us so we can all enjoy! Thanking you in advance.

Craftybear

Quote Originally Posted by quilttiludrop
    I made a banana cake Easter Sunday (April 24th) and took some to my most recent Bible Study Group on Wednesday. The women raved about it! They also loved my Garden Botanical Cake plate that I used for the first time. The recipe was from my 1968 Better Home and Gardens Cookbook btw.

Banana Cake

Place 2/3 cup shortening in mixing bowl. Sift in 2-1/2 cups sifted cake flour, 1-2/3 cups sugar, 1-1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp soda, and 1 tsp salt. Add 1-1/4 cups mashed fully ripe bananas and 1/3 cup buttermilk. Mix till moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed on electric mixer. Add 1/3 cup buttermilk and 2 eggs; beat 2 minutes longer. If desired, fold in 2/3 cup chopped walnuts. Bake in 2 greased and lightly floured 9 x 1-1/2 inch pans at 350 degrees about 35 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool thoroughly.

Notes: I use butter instead of shortening. I also mix 1 TBSP lemon juice in 1 cup of milk to substitute for buttermilk. I used vanilla flavored butter frosting for a special touch. Enjoy!