Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Bread Machine Baguettes

Blog Entries
    Over at catsandcasseroles there is a great recipe for baguettes. I even made a mistake with the recipe and put an egg yolk and 1T water INTO the machine along with the other ingredients....it came out wonderful. We couldn't wait 12 hours for it to Age and ate half a loaf after 3 hours. I did leave it overnight on a rack (covered with dish cloth) and it's even better today. That created the crunchy crust. Try it, I think you will like it.

Lynn :lol:

Thanks for the info. I will have to try this recipe as I soooo love homemade breads!!

That cats and casseroles site is wonderful! I copied the bread machine baquettes, slow cooker jambalaya and pumpkin gingersnap cookies. I've saved the site in my "favorites" file .... Lots of good recipes .... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lynndianne
    Over at catsandcasseroles there is a great recipe for baguettes. I even made a mistake with the recipe and put an egg yolk and 1T water INTO the machine along with the other ingredients....it came out wonderful. We couldn't wait 12 hours for it to Age and ate half a loaf after 3 hours. I did leave it overnight on a rack (covered with dish cloth) and it's even better today. That created the crunchy crust. Try it, I think you will like it.

Lynn :lol:
    Oh man I didn't even know a site like this existed. Thanks for sharing. Don't you just love this board?

Blog Entries
    Love this board....I could spend all day here...oh wait, I do.

Lynn