Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bread machine breads

At my local Savers I found lots of bread machines that were still like new. Bought one for $12 that looked unused.
    Found out that people use a recipe and it comes out hard so they get rid of the machine. Just like hand made bread it has to feel right to come out right.
    I live in Phx AZ so you need to add more water than a recipe calls for, lots more. It needs to feel soft and wet to the touch.
    I test the dough several times during mix cycle. Mine now comes out just like homemade.
    I love the book Whole Grain Breads by Machine or Hand. Author Beatrice Ojakangas. I have to add alot more water than the recipes call for, not quite 1/4 cup more.
    The family loves to get a loaf of my bread and it is so easy to make with a machine.

http://www.food.com/recipe/honey-im-home-bread-56276

I love this recipe....makes WONDERFUL french toast the next morning and mmmmmmmmmm cinnamon toast too.

I have added cinnamon & raisins to this and the family thinks it is sooo tasty.

Kaz
    I love my machine too. Couldn't be without it.

I am on my 3rd machine! Love the homemade bread. I was thinking the other day to get mine out and make some bread. Since its just he/I here now, I don't use it as often, however, I can make some bread and freeze the remainder.

This machine makes the crust a little harder than the older ones did. There is a thermostat where you can adjust it. Haven't done it yet.
    If anyone has, please post.

I have two machines and sometimes have them both going when we're having a crowd in. I love letting the machine mix it for me and then forming the breads myself, depending on what bread I'm making.

I live in Phoenix too and I never heard of having to add more water. No wonder my first attempt was hard. Haven't had the courage to try again, now maybe I will, with all these ideas and recipes. Thanks!

Mine worked fine in CO, but here in WV, haven't been able to get one decent loaf yet. Hmmmmm?

The above recommended book can be purchased used from Amazon for $5.60. I just bought one, having never used my bread maker, it will be helpful.

I am on my second bread machine. Love making raisin bread. Usually freeze the loaf and just toast a slice at a time.

Blog Entries
    Very nice, I love my bread machine also. Thank you for sharing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast