Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bread Pudding and Rice Pudding

Bread Pudding: 1 loaf of french bread sliced and toasted in the oven.
    1 can condensed milk, 1 can evaporated milk, sugar to taste six to eight eggs, regular milk, golden raisens, 1 stick of butter, vanilla.

Soak the toasted bread in regular milk and squish to mix in, it should just be wet bread not runny.

Cook the raisens for about 5 minutes in about 1/4 cup of water and let soak until plump. Stick the butter in to melt.

I dont' have measurements, I just do it. Add the beaten eggs and cooled raisen, canned milks etc to the the bread and mix. Bake at 350 until done

Rum sauce. Cook about 2 tbl of corn starch in 2 cups of milk and sugar to taste. Add two tbl of butter, remove when done and add rum or whisky to taste. Pour over servings of bread pudding.

I love bread pudding, though I just use regular milk with eggs. Cinnamon with it is nice too!

Add in some fresh or frozen fruit ... berries, apples, peaches or whatever for a delicious mixture.

I made fresh applesauce this afternoon and am planning Apple Pudding when a friend comes on Friday. Maybe I'll switch it to Apple Bread Pudding?

Rice pudding: 1/4 cup of rice, can condensed and can evaporaed milk, sugar to taste, golden raisens, butter. 8 eggs, vanilla.

Cook the rice in a lot of water until the rice is all soft and mushy, be careful not to burn as it needs to cook for about an hour to get the consistancy. add the raisen the last 5 minutes of cook time.

add butter to the hot rice, sugar and the milks. Beat the 8 eggs and add when the mixture has cooled some....bake at 350 until done.

How do you know when bread pudding is done and approx. how long?

Quote Originally Posted by Willa
    How do you know when bread pudding is done and approx. how long?

I would say about an hour depending on your oven, stick a knife in and if it comes out clean it's done..

Never tried to make it. Always order it when I'm out.
    Can't wait to make this...thank you....
    you remind me of my Aunt.....loaded with all kinds of recipes....

Both old favorite of mine. Another is tapioca pudding. Tried to get two of the younger grands to eat it yesterday. No dice. They had never had tapioca and Sarah Janey, 5, said she didn't like the little pieces in it, Seth,3, said the same. When Sarah asked what tapioca was, boy did I get tangled up trying to explain that one.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    looks like a delish recipe . Loved rice, bread and tapioca pudding as a kid ..hadn't thought about that until today. Must make some !LOL

My absolute favorite.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast