Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Cake Balls of Cake Pops

Cake Balls of Cake Pops

I have been hearing about these cake balls. I have heard they are time consuming, but the recipe doesn't seem that hard. Just wondering if they are easy and if they are worth making? If you have tried them, which flavors did you find the best?

I made chocolate ones. I found them too sweet. My niece made them with cake donut holes and covering them with the melted chocolate. They were just as cute decorated and easier to make. And not as sweet,

I bought one of the cake pop pans and used a cake mix. I was just going to buy donut holes, but where my granddaughter lives, there are no donut shops with holes. The only issue was the weight of the ball wanting to fall down the stick. I checked the internet and found a hint to put a gumdrop on the stick first and then the cake ball. Worked great. Used melted chocolate & vanilla flavored wafers to frost and sprinkles to adorn. Turned out great, but was time consuming when donut holes would have worked just as well.

I love to make them. I used them for a shower and everyone loved them. I did not put them on a stick as we call them cake balls. I have used carrot cake, chocolate, white (wedding cake), strawberry, and lemon. I make the cake, chop it up, add the frosting mix and use a large cookie scoop. Place cake scoops on a wax papper cookie sheet and freeze. When frozen I dip them in melted white and chocolate chocolate. I had a fall party and I made cake balls and dip them in the orange colored chocolate discs for pumpkins and dip a small piece of pretzel stick in green and push in for the stem.

I bought a pan like a waffle maker---and use that. I dip the sucker sticks in melted chocolate BEFORE I stick them in the cake balls---and put them in the freezer for a bit to set. Then I dip them in melted chocolate---but you have to do it gently---or they fall off the stick.

They are time consuming, but they are soooo worth making!!!!!

Does anyone have a good recipe/ process for making them?
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

I just use whatever cake box I have on hand!

Blog Entries
    The only issue was the weight of the ball wanting to fall down the stick. Used melted chocolate & vanilla flavored wafers to frost and sprinkles to adorn. Turned out great, but was time consuming. The children had fun making them though.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!