Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: This cake is delicious...

This cake is delicious...

I made this today and yes, it is rich but also moist. Very tasty.

https://www.hersheys.com/recipes/rec...Chocolate-Cake

Serita

I think this may be what use to be called Old Fashioned Chocolate cake by Hersheys. There is also a frosting for it. It is my favorite chocolate cake and icing. Not too sweet or chocolaty.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

It sounds wonderful. I will have to try it.

This recipe makes a truly homemade, moist and rich cake. I first tried it just a few months ago and I'm sorry it took so long. It has body, texture, flavor and is moist. Better, and not much more difficult to make, than a box cake. Thanks for the reminder.
    Quilting Makes Me Happy...

Quote Originally Posted by llong0233 View Post
    This recipe makes a truly homemade, moist and rich cake. I first tried it just a few months ago and I'm sorry it took so long. It has body, texture, flavor and is moist. Better, and not much more difficult to make, than a box cake. Thanks for the reminder.
    You're right...I had everything I needed in my pantry which was a great plus and it is not hard at all. It makes a great tasting cake.

Serita

Just checked your chocolate cake recipe. Oh my gosh! Does that look incredible. I would give my right arm for a piece right now and I just had breakfast. Well probably not my right arm but I know I would have a large piece if it were available.

ooh yum - have to try this !!

Blog Entries
    I have been making this cake for about 50 years or so. My Mom made it before that. It was always our special birthday cake when I was growing up. It became my husband and son's. It is not a birthday without it. I used this recipe to make my son's wedding cake. Everybody wanted to know where I got this scrumptious cake...Aha a family secret I said........................
    Jean
    from Middle River, Md USA

I think this is the one that was on Hershey's cocoa box for years and years. However, here again, I've quit using their products. It's another American company who 'shuffled off to Mexico,' not all of it but enough that put many American's out of a job. Disgusting. Here is the info: http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...m#.Ux89aSuoNVU

Made the cake today--it is WONDERFUL!!! Had everything in my pantry and was in the mood for something chocolate so I thought I would give it a try. Will be making this cake from now on...
    Barbara

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast