Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Candied Popcorn recipe needed !!

  1. #1
    BMP
    BMP is offline
    Super Member BMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,502
    Blog Entries
    4

    Candied Popcorn recipe needed !!

    I seemed to have misplaced my recipe and my sister and I want to make this tomorrow.
    Do you have a recipe to share.
    I do remember mine had butter ( I think 1 stick) Lt Karo syrup, sugar, ??????

    I remember we tried 2 and liked the one better ...of course we have the rejected recipe but not the one we liked !

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    15
    This is my favorite one. I give half away because it is so calorie heavy.

    2 sticks butter
    1/2 cup white Karo syrup
    2 cups light brown sugar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    6 qts. popped corn (about three large microwave bags)
    1 tsp. baking soda

    Oven 200 to 225

    Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda, stir well.
    Pour over popped corn, mix until well coated. Spread on cookie sheet and place in the oven for one hour.
    Turn every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. I spread on a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
    Store in airtight containers.

    Enjoy!!

  3. #3
    BMP
    BMP is offline
    Super Member BMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,502
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieMN View Post
    This is my favorite one. I give half away because it is so calorie heavy.

    2 sticks butter
    1/2 cup white Karo syrup
    2 cups light brown sugar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    6 qts. popped corn (about three large microwave bags)
    1 tsp. baking soda

    Oven 200 to 225

    Boil brown sugar, butter, syrup and salt for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add baking soda, stir well.
    Pour over popped corn, mix until well coated. Spread on cookie sheet and place in the oven for one hour.
    Turn every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. I spread on a sheet of parchment paper to cool.
    Store in airtight containers.

    Enjoy!!
    Thanks but I recall ours called for white sugar and we add oil flavoring (cinnamon) and food color paste. It makes a hard candy type coating ..

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,228
    I use 2 cups sugar, 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup karo. bring to boil, boil 5 min. then pour over roaster full of popped corn. Sometimes I make two batches, one red, one green and mix them for Christmas. we like it better than forming it into popcorn balls-easier to eat!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks JackieMN for this pop corn recipe. All ingredients are good and the method is also very good. So keep sharing new kind of recipes.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by bakermom View Post
    I use 2 cups sugar, 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup karo. bring to boil, boil 5 min. then pour over roaster full of popped corn. Sometimes I make two batches, one red, one green and mix them for Christmas. we like it better than forming it into popcorn balls-easier to eat!
    Do you bake yours also, what about the soda and salt? How much pop corn

  7. #7
    BMP
    BMP is offline
    Super Member BMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,502
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by cairns View Post
    Do you bake yours also, what about the soda and salt? How much pop corn
    This recipe sounds very close to what I used before although I did add the baking soda and salt to it along with the flavoring and coloring paste. We also baked it for 1 hour @ 250* turning every 15 minutes.....
    I am going to use this recipe !

  8. #8
    Super Member mjsylvstr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Spring Lake, NJ
    Posts
    2,356
    here's a really easy one and definitely delicious....called Quilters' Popcorn...........from this board...

    Quiltin' Corn

    Enjoy, I am going to be using this recipe again and again.......Merry Christmas all.....

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by cairns View Post
    Do you bake yours also, what about the soda and salt? How much pop corn
    Yes there is baking soda-i always forget to list it. I don't use any salt though.
    I use 1/2 cup unpopped corn, it probably makes 12-14 cups popped. It fills my big roaster . I dump it into a big bowl first and shake it a bit to get the unpopped kernals to the bottom. Then I transfer it to my roaster and add the hot syrup. I put it in the oven at 250 and stir every 15 min. for 45 min. to an hour.
    sorry to be so vague-I've been making this so long I just "do it" without thinking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.