Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Chocolate Fudge

  1. #1
    Super Member patchsamkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fox Valley Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,926

    Chocolate Fudge

    This is recipe from my mom with my variations of added unsweetened chocolate and the vanilla. It makes the fudge a little less sweet, and I like the addition of the vanilla flavoring. You could probably try with other different flavorings also.

    Chocolate Fudge

    4 cups sugar
    1 large can Carnation
    1/3 stick butter
    Bring to a full boil and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

    Add:
    Dash salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    9 oz Hershey’s milk chocolate
    12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
    3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
    Small jar marshmallow fluff

    Mix all together until well mixed and chocolate and marshmallow are melted completely.
    Add 2 cups chopped walnuts.
    Pour onto lightly buttered cookie sheet.
    Makes 5 pounds

    My mom would make it with black walnuts...but they are hard to find, and expensive when you can find them.

    Enjoy!

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,024
    Sounds great! Two questions: Is the Hershey's milk chocolate a candy bar or chips or what?
    The unsweetened chocolate - is that cocoa mix powder or what?
    Thanks! (Can you tell I am new to fudge-making?!)

  3. #3
    Senior Member patimint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, Montana
    Posts
    968
    Quote Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
    Sounds great! Two questions: Is the Hershey's milk chocolate a candy bar or chips or what?
    The unsweetened chocolate - is that cocoa mix powder or what?
    Thanks! (Can you tell I am new to fudge-making?!)
    I can answer that for you, the Milk Chocolate is chocolate chips, but milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet chips. The unsweetened Choclate is usually sold where the choc chips are located. It is either in a bar form (looks like a small candy bar) or in a box. It is melted just like the chips. Make sure you don't get "bitter choc". It will say "unsweetened Chocolate on the package. This recipe sounds good and VERY chocolatey
    Patimint

  4. #4
    Super Member patchsamkim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Fox Valley Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,926
    Patimint...thanks for answering for me...you answered the chocolate questions correctly...it is a wonderful chocolatey fudge...I always get lots of compliments on it! You can use Hersey's bars for the milk chocolate if you want...especially if they are on sale!

  5. #5
    Super Member Charlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW (I wish it was the Ozarks!)
    Posts
    6,510
    Blog Entries
    6
    I do something really similar, with the exception of the chocolate variations, I just use semi sweet chips...but I use mini marshmallows instead of the fluff...much less mess!

    I've also made the same recipe with white chocolate chips, and added food coloring and flavorings.... I've done a batch where 3/4 I left white and vanilla flavored and put orange food color and orange flavor in the other 1/4 of the batch...swirled them together to make a "creamsicle" fudge.... I've also used p'nut butter chips for p'nut butter fudge, and cherry chips, and then melted milk chocolate chips and mixed in chopped p'nuts and spread across the top....

    I'm going to try yours tho, with the various chocolates!
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

    http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    55

    Red face Chocolate Fudge Recipe - Thanks!!

    Thanks very much for the recipe - we'll all be testing to see if this is the one we've been looking for. Even if it's not, it will begreat to have fudge to "test". DH is going to be gone for a few days so I can do all of the testing myself at our house!!




    Quote Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
    This is recipe from my mom with my variations of added unsweetened chocolate and the vanilla. It makes the fudge a little less sweet, and I like the addition of the vanilla flavoring. You could probably try with other different flavorings also.

    Chocolate Fudge

    4 cups sugar
    1 large can Carnation
    1/3 stick butter
    Bring to a full boil and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

    Add:
    Dash salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    9 oz Hershey’s milk chocolate
    12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips
    3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
    Small jar marshmallow fluff

    Mix all together until well mixed and chocolate and marshmallow are melted completely.
    Add 2 cups chopped walnuts.
    Pour onto lightly buttered cookie sheet.
    Makes 5 pounds

    My mom would make it with black walnuts...but they are hard to find, and expensive when you can find them.

    Enjoy!

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,024
    Quote Originally Posted by patimint View Post
    I can answer that for you, the Milk Chocolate is chocolate chips, but milk chocolate instead of semi-sweet chips. The unsweetened Choclate is usually sold where the choc chips are located. It is either in a bar form (looks like a small candy bar) or in a box. It is melted just like the chips. Make sure you don't get "bitter choc". It will say "unsweetened Chocolate on the package. This recipe sounds good and VERY chocolatey
    Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it! Fudge, Ho!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palm Springs Ca
    Posts
    18
    Here is another chocolate fudge that is honestly a NO FAIL recipe. I have had so many batches of NOT SO GREAT Fudge that when I tried this one, OMG it is yummy... So simple (just don't tell your family and friends how easy it really is The only suggestion is using the BEST chocolate you can find. May be a bit more expensive than Hershey bars or chocolate chips (not my fav) but well worth the extra $$ You can buy Merckens Premium chocolate through Amazon.com Look for Marquis (milk chocolate) or Yucatan (Dark or semi sweet chocolate) Enjoy and let me know what you think? Merry Christmas
    http://gourmetcandymaker.com/super-e...ocolate-fudge/

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4
    Well Chocolate fudge is my favourite and it is new kind of recipe for me. I have never tried this. I would like to thank you all for sharing this recipe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.