Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Chorizo Pastry Bites/Jalapeño Popper Dip

I found these appetizers and thought I would make these for our pay day pot luck tomorrow. The chorizo pastry bites are good!!

I haven't tasted the Popper dip but it sure looks good!!!!

Chorizo Pastry Bites

Ingredients:
    2.5 oz. chorizo, chopped, cooked, and drained on paper towels
    1/2 small purple onion, minced
    1/2 C. roasted red peppers, chopped
    1/2 C. shredded Manchego cheese
    1 egg
    1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
    1 sheet (8 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
    Supplies: Mini-muffin tins
    Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease the cups of one 24-count mini-muffin tin.
    2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the chorizo, onion, roasted pepper, manchego, egg, and pepper. Set aside until needed.
    3. unroll your sheet of puff pastry and divide evenly into 24 little squares. Press each little square into a muffin cup.
    4. Fill each pastry cup with about 1 tbsp. of filling, dividing filling evenly among the pastries.
    5. Bake about 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
    6. Let these quick easy appetizers cool a bit before removing from trays and serving. Sprinkle with minced fresh parsely, if desired.

Jalapeño Popper Dip
    Ingredients:
    16 oz. (1 lb.) cream cheese, softened
    1/2 C. mayonnaise (don't sub a sweet dressing like Miracle Whip)
    1/2 C. sour cream
    1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
    1 (4 oz.) can chopped jalapeño peppers
    2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and minced
    1 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
    1 C. Panko bread crumbs
    Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
    2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add green chiles and both fresh and canned jalapeños (I don't drain mine as I like the juice, but you can drain yours if you like). Add 1/2 C. parmesan.
    2. Pour mixture into a glass pie plate.
    3. Combine panko crumbs and the remaining parmesan in a small bowl.
    4. Sprinkle crumb mixture over dip. Spray with oil or cooking spray to help it crisp up.
    5. Bake uncovered about 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly and edges are brown. Serve hot.
    Optional Microwave Directions: To make this quick easy appetizer even quicker, follow the directions up to step 3. Microwave mixture on high heat until bubby and heated through, about 3-5 minutes (don't overheat it or the mayonnaise will break and ruin the texture). Add panko crumb mixture and put under the broiler until brown.

Blog Entries
    Where do you get the panko bread crumbs? Man both of these sound so good. I love jalepeno poppers. Me and my late father in law would call the pizza parlor near their house and order 4 orders (there were 10 in each order) and him and I would sit and eat every single one of them. Mother in law used to get so mad at us because we would eat more poppers then we would the pizza. LOL Miss those days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Where do you get the panko bread crumbs? Man both of these sound so good. I love jalepeno poppers. Me and my late father in law would call the pizza parlor near their house and order 4 orders (there were 10 in each order) and him and I would sit and eat every single one of them. Mother in law used to get so mad at us because we would eat more poppers then we would the pizza. LOL Miss those days.
    Kroger.

Sounds good

What kind of peppers does this call for, are they bell peppers or some other please?

Blog Entries
    This dip sound so good! Thank you. I've saved this recipe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Where do you get the panko bread crumbs?
    Kikkoman is now making Panko bread crumbs. I find them in the Oriental food aisle. Near the chow mein noodles. Wonderful used wherever regular bread crumbs are used.

Sue