I found these appetizers and thought I would make these for our pay day pot luck tomorrow. The chorizo pastry bites are good!!
I haven't tasted the Popper dip but it sure looks good!!!!
Chorizo Pastry Bites
2.5 oz. chorizo, chopped, cooked, and drained on paper towels
1/2 small purple onion, minced
1/2 C. roasted red peppers, chopped
1/2 C. shredded Manchego cheese
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 sheet (8 oz) frozen puff pastry, thawed
Supplies: Mini-muffin tins
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease the cups of one 24-count mini-muffin tin.
2. In a small mixing bowl, stir together the chorizo, onion, roasted pepper, manchego, egg, and pepper. Set aside until needed.
3. unroll your sheet of puff pastry and divide evenly into 24 little squares. Press each little square into a muffin cup.
4. Fill each pastry cup with about 1 tbsp. of filling, dividing filling evenly among the pastries.
5. Bake about 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Let these quick easy appetizers cool a bit before removing from trays and serving. Sprinkle with minced fresh parsely, if desired.
Jalapeño Popper Dip
16 oz. (1 lb.) cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. mayonnaise (don't sub a sweet dressing like Miracle Whip)
1/2 C. sour cream
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
1 (4 oz.) can chopped jalapeño peppers
2 fresh jalapenos, seeded and minced
1 C. freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 C. Panko bread crumbs
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add green chiles and both fresh and canned jalapeños (I don't drain mine as I like the juice, but you can drain yours if you like). Add 1/2 C. parmesan.
2. Pour mixture into a glass pie plate.
3. Combine panko crumbs and the remaining parmesan in a small bowl.
4. Sprinkle crumb mixture over dip. Spray with oil or cooking spray to help it crisp up.
5. Bake uncovered about 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly and edges are brown. Serve hot.
Optional Microwave Directions: To make this quick easy appetizer even quicker, follow the directions up to step 3. Microwave mixture on high heat until bubby and heated through, about 3-5 minutes (don't overheat it or the mayonnaise will break and ruin the texture). Add panko crumb mixture and put under the broiler until brown.