Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Christmas cookie exchange ideas >

Christmas cookie exchange ideas

Christmas cookie exchange ideas

Old 11-25-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
Overly handled - like when little kids decorate sugar cookies - and they look kind of grungy by the time they get baked.

Or "too much" decorating on them (which I now is subjective) -
Had to laugh bearisgray, all my cookies are "Overly handled". My last name is Overly.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:20 AM

toverly, what a fun name. Does that mean you do everything to excess?!? hahahahahahah
Old 11-26-2016, 10:27 AM

Especially around Thanksgiving NoraB. Time to break out the salad fixins till Christmas.
Old 11-26-2016, 12:28 PM

I'm a cookie exchange drop out. We welcomed younger women,but the cookies just weren't worth trading for.
Not that mine were perfect,but several brought store bought cookies.They can be great,but never made it to the exchange.Anyway,I like making cookies for family & friends.Just ran out of interest.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:04 PM

It is just 3 of us. We tried to get others to join us but so far no takers. We still enjoy our time together.

Sandy
Old 11-26-2016, 02:14 PM

I still see 4 members of ours,but 2 more dropped out of the exchange,including younger women.
Can be expensive & too much time if you're working.Now I make 3 types of same ole....
Old 11-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

A favorite cookie of mine at Christmas is Tingalings. Super easy to make, although you need some space in the frig to chill them. Here's the recipe.

Melt 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups or small package). I do this in the microwave a minute or two at a time. Note that it's important to take out and stir, as the top can look as if they are not melted when they actually are, and you do *not* want to burn the chocolate! Using a very big bowl because it gets messy, stir in 4 cups of Wheaties. Drop by the tablespoonful onto waxed-paper lined cookie sheets. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or in freezer for less time. You can substitute other types of chips and other types of wheat flakes, but this is my personal favorite.

These are delicious, look good, last a long time in tins, and are fun for kids to make.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:44 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
A favorite cookie of mine at Christmas is Tingalings. Super easy to make, although you need some space in the frig to chill them. Here's the recipe.

Melt 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups or small package). I do this in the microwave a minute or two at a time. Note that it's important to take out and stir, as the top can look as if they are not melted when they actually are, and you do *not* want to burn the chocolate! Using a very big bowl because it gets messy, stir in 4 cups of Wheaties. Drop by the tablespoonful onto waxed-paper lined cookie sheets. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours or in freezer for less time. You can substitute other types of chips and other types of wheat flakes, but this is my personal favorite.

These are delicious, look good, last a long time in tins, and are fun for kids to make.
thanks! Sounds yummy

sandy
Old 11-27-2016, 05:26 AM

This is really easy and yummy.

2- 6 oz pkg. butterscotch chips
1 cup salted peanuts
2 cups Chinese noodles (10 oz can)
Melt butterscotch chips. Stir in peanuts and noodles until coated. Use a spoon to plop on wax paper. Let cool and set up. Voila a tasty treat.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:24 PM

Ladies, check out this recipe..i tasted these yesterday..OMG! Msking these for the exchange!
sandy

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/an...7-188f335995eb