Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creamy Mac and Cheese

I do a white sauce and add grated cheese and additional milk until I get what I like.

Is Velveeta really cheese?

Most of these are similar to one I use, except I add and extra cup of cheddar, and always x-tra sharp. I have recently begun adding about 3 oz. of cream cheese to the chesse mixture, stirring till melted and it has definitely increased the creamy factor. I have used both flour and corn starch.
    Patti
    __________________________________________________ ________________________
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing. The minute it crops up, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place.
    ~Mark Twain

Box of Kraft Mac and Cheese made according to box directions. When complete add a cup grated cheese of your choice. I use Colby Jack. Fast Easy and Good.

This is my favorite!!! I add taco seasoning to mine just a pinch or so. Soooo good without yuck chemicals in it like Velveeta that's not even cheese
    http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/high-f...mac-and-cheese

Blog Entries
    Years ago I learned the "2" recipe = 2 TBLS flour with 2 TBLS butter - make a roux. Add 2 cups of milk and cook till thickened, then add 2 cups of cheese (your choice). Pour over 2 cups cooked elbows and into the oven at 350 for 30 minutes. Ritz crackers topping (or panko crumbs) and done!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Looks like I asked the right people. Thanks everyone. Hope to make some soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Needles View Post
    One of Oprah's guest's, Patti LaBelle, made this dish on her show-6-7 years ago. It is spectacular and is the only recipe I use for mac and cheese, when having a large group, since then. As my niece says, it's the bomb:

http://www.oprah.com/food/Over-the-R...oni-and-Cheese
    I could not get your link to work so I went to the Oprah site. It sounds wonderful! I have emailed our quilting group that I am bringing it Tuesday for our lunch. Sometimes, we try healthy things!
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I make a white sauce, then add cheddar cheese and some cream cheese. The cream cheese makes it creamier.
    Lynda Rae

"One who makes no mistakes -- never makes anything!" Author Unknown

We alway's used breadcrumbs on top,but the Ritz crackers sound great..Love homemade mac&cheese and Fried Chicken with some greens on the side..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2