Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Dehydrator recipes

Dehydrators are the best things ever!!! I make my yogurt in mine, plus jerky, dry almost any veggie & fruit!!! Also, fruit leathers. Dry tomatos then grind up for instant tomato sauce!! Mushooms, onions, peppers can also be dried. I live in the country & if I run out of something in the cupboard, I just go to my dried stash & usually find what I need!! I would really hate to be without my dehydrator!

Our favorite is dried cherry tomatoes. Slice in half, sprinkle w/combination of oregano, parsley, basil, tarragon etc. to your taste(I don't measure and has a different flavor every year!) - spread in single layer w/ cut sides up on racks, dry 'til crispy. Friends love to get a jelly jar of them during the year. Great to eat right out of the jar as snacks, put in salads, use in marinades etc. They don't rehydrate but soften up if cooked in sauces.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Dried cherry tomatoes sound delicious Quilt Lady! Thanks.

Several of you mentioned that you make yogurt in yours. What are some of your recipes? My dehydrater doesn't have space for cups or jar so probably can't make yogurt in mine.
    Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 01-17-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3