Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Did you ever >

Did you ever

Did you ever

Old 07-26-2016, 09:15 AM
Power Poster

I'll trade that for dropping a one pound container of peppercorns. I am still finding some months later. LOL
Old 07-26-2016, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

No, I have never bought buttermilk but I have forgotten to put the top on the blender before! Yuck!
Old 07-26-2016, 11:23 AM

*** This is not a shake or a explosion, but
*** baked a sweet potato pie, put it back in the oven to brown meringue, and
*** dropped the whole thing in the kitchen floor. They are quite liquid when hot.
*** Found it for about a month in lots of tiny places.
Old 07-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Power Poster

On a side note: I bake with buttermilk. I buy a half gallon and freeze it in 1/2 and 1 cup portions. I always have buttermilk available.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:12 PM

I dropped a bottle "glass" of shampoo on a tile bathroom floor, took several days for mopping to get it all up.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:22 PM

When painting my son's bedroom, I picked up the gallon can of paint to pour more into the paint tray and gave it a shake before removing the lid. To my chagrin, the lid was not tapped down and came off followed by a lovely fountain of blue paint. Thank goodness it was a latex base, but it sure took some cleaning to come out of the carpet.

I dropped a bottle of Pepsi back when it was sold in large, glass bottles. While waiting in line at the store check-out, so I didn't need to clean it up but sure listened to an earful from the cashier about trying to carry too much. Nothing else I've dropped has exploded quite like that Pepsi.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:43 AM
Power Poster

Don't ever make a smoothie in a vita mix with out a lid...
Old 07-27-2016, 03:17 AM

Just about a month ago, on a Sunday after church, I warmed up a plate of left-over spaghetti with the sauce on it (in the microwave). I pulled it out of the microwave, and it slipped out of my hand, I grabbed at it and caught it, but it turned on me, and I pulled it onto my stomach. It also splattered everywhere! Thank goodness I had changed clothes after coming home from church that day, because the sauce went thru my blouse onto my pants, and clear thru to my undies! I had to change out of everything from my waist down, plus my blouse.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:27 AM

Reading these have livened up my day. My first husband decided to boil some eggs and then went somewhere. He was the kind of person who could open every cabinet door and still not find the drinking glasses, but always left the cupboard doors open. So when he left the eggs on the stove, all the cabinet door were open. Those eggs were everywhere: mixing bowls, cups, glasses.

He was a real winner??!! That episode, and the ice cubes in the paper sack, should have been grounds for divorce, but I didn't have the nerve. After 18 miserable years, he ran off with an elderly widowed grandmother who was collecting social security and left me with everything, bills included. He thought she had money and she thought he had money and I ended up with everything.

Mom was right.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:31 AM

At one Thanksgiving family dinner my husband pressed the top on one of those cans of whipped cream for his pumpkin pie. It didn't work so he applied more pressure to the top thingy and the cream came roaring out, hit his pie a glancing blow and hit my mom in the face who was right across the table from him, making a huge greasy, creamy glob across her glasses and face. TV slapstick can never top that!