Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
did you think the 3-2-1 cake was >

did you think the 3-2-1 cake was

did you think the 3-2-1 cake was

Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Arleners View Post
I did it with chocolate cake mix with the angel food mix. It was light and fluffy, but I think that's the point. It's supposed to be a light little snack so you feel like you are having a treat without too much damage to the waistline.

By the way, instead of sticking it into the microwave, I cooked it on a waffle iron. It was nice and crispy.
That is a great idea. I wonder if you could do this with a regular cake mix and make waffles out of the batter? Sounds yummy in theory!!
Old 03-03-2012, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
I still need to try this - when I went to Wallmart last week the Angel Food cake was on my list, but they didn't have a single box - so many duplicate items on multiple shelves, but not as much variety any more.
I too had trouble finding an angel food cake mix. my aunt gave me one so I bought a lemon cake mix mixed it all together and put it about 5 individual bags - going to give one to my aunt to try as well as my parents, sister and possibly my neighbor (she gets a kick of out of the "strange" recipes I come up with - she likes them but said she never heard of anything like them!)
Old 03-03-2012, 04:35 PM

oh my goodness- just tried it and it is fabulous!!!!!! a definite keeper! i can only imagine how good it would be with some cool whip on it (of course sugar free!)
Old 03-04-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by cleodaisy View Post
I need to try this with chocolate and angel food. It sounds pretty good.
good but choc is barely tasted
Old 03-04-2012, 06:45 PM

I think the angel food cake does weaken the taste of the flavor of the other cake. The topping does help some. It does knock off the edge when you want something sweet. It just isn't the fudge chocolate cake we are use to.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:50 AM
kso

Originally Posted by MAK'58 View Post
good but choc is barely tasted
See if you can find chocolate flavoring in the spice dept. of your local supermarket. Experiment with adding a drop or two into the mug before baking.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

If you buy the angel food cake mix that you only add water to the mix, don't add the water just add a large (14- 20 oz) can of crushed pineapple. Nothing else. Mix and bake. It's delicious and tastes like upside down pineapple cake but without all the work. This is a WW recipe. If you make 24 cupcakes from the mixture it will be 1 point each.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:51 AM

So far I have tried the lemon cake mix and angel food. I really like that combination and add fresh fruit on top and a dollop of cool whip, really quick and fast dessert.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:28 PM

Default 3-2-1 Cake

[QUOTE=krattiger;4994840]I would like the recipe for the 1-2-3 cake
thank you[/QUOTE

Take one angel food cake mix and one other cake mix, any flavor and put in a gallon ziplock bag and shake well until it is mixed throughly. Take a mug cup, and place 3 tablespoons of the cake mixture and put in the mug, no need to spray the mug, add 2 tablespoons of water. Drop in whatever you want, can fruit, choc chips, nuts, strawberries, etc. Stir well and cook in microwave on HIGH for one minute. It will comes right out when you dump it out into a bowl.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
If you buy the angel food cake mix that you only add water to the mix, don't add the water just add a large (14- 20 oz) can of crushed pineapple. Nothing else. Mix and bake. It's delicious and tastes like upside down pineapple cake but without all the work. This is a WW recipe. If you make 24 cupcakes from the mixture it will be 1 point each.
This makes a wonderful cake. My DH doesn't like angel food cake, but he really liked this one.
cleodaisy