Is that all you put in - just the cake mix and filling and then bake
thats it.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:22 PM

Lemon Cake
This is Ina Garten's recipe....have to try this one mmmmmm

1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup grated lemon zest (6 to 8 large lemons)
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the glaze:
2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch) loaf pans. You may also line the bottom with parchment paper, if desired.

Cream the butter and 2 cups granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time, and the lemon zest.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, the buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide the batter evenly between the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a cake tester comes out clean.

Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 cup lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves. When the cakes are done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan; spoon the lemon syrup over them. Allow the cakes to cool completely.

For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and the lemon juice in a bowl, mixing with a wire whisk until smooth. Pour over the tops of the cakes and allow the glaze to drizzle down the sides.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:11 PM

I bake a yellow cake mix and when done poke holes all over the top and pour over a mixture of fresh squeezed and strained lemon juice (approx. 3 small lemons) and enough powdered sugar to make a glaze consistency. It is always a hit and super easy!!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 PM

Love this board. People are so friendly and helpful.
Does anyone have a good frozen cucumber recipe?
Would taste good in January to have somthing different.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by carolknows
Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake

3 c sugar
1 1/4 lb softened butter
1 8oz. pkg. Philly cream cheese softened
1 tblsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon extract
1/2 tsp. orange extract
1/8 tsp salt
6 eggs
2 2/3 c all purpose flour

Heat oven to 325. grease & flour a 12 cup bundt pan or two loaf pans, 9x5x3.
Beat sugar, butter, cream cheese in a bowl with mixer on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally, until fluffy. Mix in lemon juice, vanilla, lemon & orange extract, and salt on low speed.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed after each addition. Add flour, beat on low speed until smooth. Spread in pan.
How long do you bake it for?????
Old 08-03-2011, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by plainpat
Lemon Cake
This is Ina Garten's recipe....have to try this one mmmmmm

1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar, divided
4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup grated lemon zest (6 to 8 large lemons)
3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
3/4 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the glaze:
2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 (8 1/2 by 4 1/4 by 2 1/2-inch) loaf pans. You may also line the bottom with parchment paper, if desired.

Cream the butter and 2 cups granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time, and the lemon zest.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, the buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide the batter evenly between the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a cake tester comes out clean.

Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 cup lemon juice in a small saucepan and cook over low heat until the sugar dissolves. When the cakes are done, allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans and set them on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan; spoon the lemon syrup over them. Allow the cakes to cool completely.

For the glaze, combine the confectioners' sugar and the lemon juice in a bowl, mixing with a wire whisk until smooth. Pour over the tops of the cakes and allow the glaze to drizzle down the sides.
OMG this is to die for!!!.....OMG this is to die for!!!

Best Lemon Cake/Loaf ever!!!
You will never only make it once........your friends and family will request a loaf to take home.....happened to me.
I lined the pans with parchment paper - less mess from the lemon glaze
Old 08-04-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
The recipes for those "canned cakes" were delightful, but I love Lemon anythings. I also have a big lemon tree in my back yard and have used them all year long for many years. But since I live alone, I don't bake often, but sometimes I want a hot cup of coffee and something sweet either real early in the day or late at night, and a slice of lemon cake would just hit the spot.

Any have a good recipe?

And does anyone know if these little jars would work for Fruit Cakes? I love them too, no matter what others say..laugh and leave them, just makes more for me. And I could have them all year long this way.
Ramona, I have a recipe for a delicious lemon pudding cake, that came from Wanda's Country Home. I rec. emails and monthly recipes, from her web site.Since the recipe is free to be printed out, I don't think it would hurt to share it. HOWEVER it makes a large cake, you could probably freeze it, don't know.

1 box Lemon Cake mix - I use Duncan Heinz
1 box lemon instant pudding mix
1 can of Eagle Brand Milk
1 large carton of Cool Whip.
Prepare the cake according to directions, and pour into a 9/13 pan - bottom lightly greased & floured. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until cake tests done. Set cake out for 5 min. to cool, then use a wooden spoon handle or shish kabob stick and poke holes all over the top of the cake, then pour the entire can of Eagle Brand Milk all over the top of the cake allowing it to drain into holes. Allow cake to cool completely (DO NOT REMOVE cake from pan) then mix pudding according to pkg. directions and spread over top of the cake. Then spread (THAWED) cool whip over top of pudding, being sure pudding and cool whip cover the top of the cake. Serve immediately or referigerate until ready to serve. Store cake that isn't eaten in refg. if there is any left.
Scrumptous cake. I often take it to Church, and seldom ever have any left over.
Gerbie
Old 08-04-2011, 11:40 AM

Here is a link to Giada De Laurentis's lemon cake recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/l...ipe/index.html
Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 PM

The best lemon cake I ever ate. At work they beg me to bake it and bring it in!

Lemonade Cake
Make one box yellow cake as directed on the box. Bake and cool completely.

In a jar with a lid, mix one thawed 6 oz.can frozen lemonade concentrate (no water) and 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Shake til there are no lumps.

Poke holes all over the cake with a fork, and pour the lemonade mix over the cake. Cover and let it set. I usually refrigerate over night. Once it is very cold, frost with a tub of LuckyWhip or ReadyWhip topping. Serve. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.

If you prefer you can use fluffy white icing, but I prefer the whipped toping. Jan
Old 08-08-2011, 07:48 PM

Luscious Lemon Bars

1 (18.25 ounce) box yellow cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 tsp. rind I usually had more
Mix dry cake mix, 1 egg and oil until crumbly; reserve one cup of mixture. Pat remaining mixture ( looks kinda like play dough) lightly into an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Beat cheese, sugar, lemon juice and remaining egg until light and smooth. Spread over baked layer. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer. When cool, cut into bars. These freeze well.