Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Doesn't Everyone Know This?

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    I think that is hilarious! Don't you? What have these women been doing? ha,ha. Lena, I'm 83 and I tell my husband if we had a big recession, we could get by on beans and cornbread.
    The people who were not raised in our era have no idea what good eating is!!! Beans and cornbread are
    the best!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sewmom View Post
    I hate wasting the last little bit in a bottle too. Has anyone noticed that in a pump bottle of lotion, it quits dispensing when there is at least an inch of lotion left in the bottle? Such a pain! So I heat it in the microwave nad pour it into something easier to empty. It is a hassle, but I am not throwing it out!
    I store them upside down when that happens. Then I just unscrew the top, use the pump to dab some on my hands, put the top back on and move on.
    Pat

Perhaps, it has something to do with whether you were raised by parents who lived through the Depression, (I did), or people who think abundance is our right.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

I knew it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by sewmom View Post
    I hate wasting the last little bit in a bottle too. Has anyone noticed that in a pump bottle of lotion, it quits dispensing when there is at least an inch of lotion left in the bottle? Such a pain! So I heat it in the microwave nad pour it into something easier to empty. It is a hassle, but I am not throwing it out!
    I just turn it upside down, set in a cup or something, until all the lotion/shampoo/soap runs to the top. Then I empty it into another container.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Wow I learned that tip from my Mother when I was about 4, she did it all the time. Can't believe people of that era did not know about it!

I do love Cooking Light. Just got a great deal on it for 2 years.

Hello

While I am in the 40 plus age group, I did indeed know that!
    I wish to grow into a better person than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    I think that is hilarious! Don't you? What have these women been doing? ha,ha. Lena, I'm 83 and I tell my husband if we had a big recession, we could get by on beans and cornbread.
    just the thought of some beans and cornbread has made me want some !!
    Learning something new everyday from all of you.

Blog Entries
    Doghouse Mom, your ice cube comment brought a belly laugh!! Love your humor!!

My mom still practices the thrift she grew up with in the Depression. My Dad could never refuse a "gift" of someone else's cast off(s), because it "might come in handy someday." I drive my husband nuts when I try to figure out how to reuse things that should be thrown out. It's just amazing how much the 70 and 80's babies don't know. They never had to learn.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast