Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Easy 2 ingredient Lemon Bars

I was so hungry for something lemon today--so I made the lemon bars with one can pie filling and an angel food cake mix---it was the old kind where you beat the egg white powder with water and then fold in the flour mixture---. I just mixed the two together and then stirred it into the pie filling --hoping it would work okkay. Well, it rose up nicely and was perfect looking when I took it out of the oven and set it on the cooling rack---as I stood there looking at it--it started to shrink on all four sides---instead of 9 x 13 it ended up 11x7 or a little less---I just stared and then started laughing til I had tears in my eyes. Tastes good tho its a little heavy and definitly dense. However, my advice is to use a one-step Betty Crocker Angel food cake mix for better results. My hubby thinks its delicious, tho!!

WOW! Lemon and Easy, two of my favorite things!! Thanks

Blog Entries

i could taste that Lemon Bars. Surely I will add that recipe in my collections of my favorite goodies! I love anything with lemon, mostly the quick and easy to cook or bake! Thank you for sharing and definitely will be trying that!

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Last week I made these bars and added lemon zest from 2 lemons and the juice of one of the lemons. It boosted the lemony flavor nicely.

Gladygirl: I also bought the angel food cake mix that had two pouches in it. Although, I did not add water to the egg white pouch, I just dumped both in the bowl and mixed it with the lemon pie filling. It was not as tasty and was much denser so I will stick with the Betty Crocker angel food mix.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

Thank you. I needed something to take to guild and this will be it.
    Marilyn

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4