Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: easy crockpot steak

easy crockpot steak

You need three things, meat, cream of soup and Lipton soup.

Any sliced beef or pork steaks will work. Round, chuck, and arm beef steaks all work well.

Mix one can of cream of something soup, mushroom, onion or celery all work, with one packet of Lipton onion or onion-mushroom soup. Smear the soup mix over the steaks as you put them in the crock. The soup will make a really good gravy. I make either instant mashed or a package of the steamer mashed and a green veggie to go along with it.

Sounds yummy!! Thanks! I use that lipton soup mix for a lot of my meat cooking and this sounds good.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    This sounds really good. I'm assuming you cook until tender but approx. how long will it take to cook?

Quote Originally Posted by JusticeClan View Post
    This sounds really good. I'm assuming you cook until tender but approx. how long will it take to cook?
    It kind of depends on how much meat you put in and how big your crock pot is but it should be done in 6 hours on low.

SEW
    Quote Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
    You need three things, meat, cream of soup and Lipton soup.

Any sliced beef or pork steaks will work. Round, chuck, and arm beef steaks all work well.

Mix one can of cream of something soup, mushroom, onion or celery all work, with one packet of Lipton onion or onion-mushroom soup. Smear the soup mix over the steaks as you put them in the crock. The soup will make a really good gravy. I make either instant mashed or a package of the steamer mashed and a green veggie to go along with it.
    Sounds delicious! I have all the ingredients in house and I think I will make this for Sunday dinner tomorrow! Thanks!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scissor queen View Post
    you need three things, meat, cream of soup and lipton soup.

Mix one can of cream of something soup, mushroom, onion or celery all work, with one packet of lipton onion or onion-mushroom soup. Smear the soup mix over the steaks as you put them in the crock. The soup will make a really good gravy. I make either instant mashed or a package of the steamer mashed and a green veggie to go along with it.
    fresh green vegetables?

This is a great combo. I've used it on different kinds/cuts of meat. Never been disappointed.

Another combo I've used on chicken is: chicken, one envelope onion soup, one small jar orange marmalade. Or substitute salsa for the marmalade. It makes plenty of "juice" without adding liquid.