Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Easy Custard Pie

Anael ... who cares about the pan ... just so long as it is good!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    Wow! Thanks. Everyone laughs at me when I tell them at 70 years of age I have never attempted to make a pie crust. I had an ex-mother-in-law whose crust melted in your mouth and I've always been intimadated by that. My mom's pie crust.........well. :-)

Blog Entries
    Steady Stiching Thank you very much for the reply. Will have to try this.
    Fran

I'm making this for the 3rd time now. This time I added coconut and pecan nuts.
    A balanced quilter is one with a project on each finger
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Nobody is completely useless, you can always serve as a bad example

Blog Entries
    Tried your pie today along with the Rhubarb Custard Cake and we and our company loved them both. I love this board. Thank you, ladies, for all you do.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Yum! I use to make this pie and loved it but misplaced the recipe and couldn't remember the name! So Thank You!

Go to Betty Crocker or Bisquick's websites. Put in Impossible Pies. You won't believe the list. I've been making this Impossible Custard Pie over 40 years. My blender went the trip sometime back, but I still am a great fan of the 'impossible' recipes. I just use my little hand mixer to whip them up. One of our favorite is Taco Pie, there are vegetable pies, such as broccoli an cauliflower, dessert pies, pumpkin, peach, apple, many more. Some for entree's, quiche like for breakfast's and brunches. You will get to love that box of Bisquick or you can use the less expensive brand or stir up the biscuit mix of your own. I'll see if I can find mine but I'm sure recipe sites have them especially the ones who do clones. By far though, this is the one I bake most frequently since Custard Pie is my very favorite!

Since going gluten free I make all my pies with this type of crust. I was pretty good at a regular pie crust, but gluten free pie crust is a royal pain.
    Join the JUNE Pincushion & Needlecase swap:http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...t-t247379.html

One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries A. A. Milne

Blog Entries
    Made it with Splenda (diabetic hubby) and replaced 2% milk with water and condensed milk. We both loved it!!! Thank you!

Blog Entries
    If you let it set 5 minutes before you put in the oven, you'll get more definition between the crust and custard. The Bisquick version has been around for many years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast