Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Fall recipes

I think your pumpkin roll sounds like a great dish to take to the occasion. I did that my first year of marriage and his Father decided I was an excellent cook! Never had the same success since.

The other suggestions sounds great also...lots of variety!

Mix approximately equal parts of candy corn and peanuts together for a spur-of-the-moment snack. These are always a big hit. If you are concerned about healthy foods, raisins can also be added.

sounds like the main dish is probably taken so a finger food is always good. or a salad one more salad is always nice and a different veggie than the usual> what a about a butter salad with pear slices, feta cheese crumble and candied pecans (easy recipe if you want one) and then a rice wine vinegrette.. its sweet and tart and refreshing and very fall like.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Elisa ... I make this too. It came from a fall Better Homes and Gardens magazine years ago. It had romaine lettuce and arugula in it though. It called for a homemade easy dressing made from apricot nectar, a light oil and simple spices. Wisk up and pour over the salad. A big hit at my ornament swap party served with little finger sandwiches on crusty rolls.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 11-09-2013 at 10:44 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3