Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Food processor >

Food processor

Food processor

Old 03-18-2017, 09:59 AM

I use mine in the same manner Ms. Feline does. Although I didn't know you could make whipped cream in it.

I won't use a Mandolin anymore. I almost sliced the end of my finger off when the guard slipped off the veggie I was slicing.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Power Poster

I use my Cuisinart all the time for the same list but my favorite use is for grating potatoes for pancakes. Love me some potato pancakes!!

Another favorite is Falafel

pita bread dough

It is a very versatile machine for me. Better than a blender which I own and never use.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:46 PM

Before we moved, I used it to slice and dice just about everything but since we moved it is not on the counter so it is not handy. I am working on cleaning off my kitchen cart that was taken prisoner by fabric in my sewing room so I can put it and the crock pot on it so they are handy because I hate to hand shred veggies -- and slicing is painful as well.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:49 PM

Haven't used it in years. Got it from my sister-in-law who did not use it. Tried to give it to daughter, daughter-in-law, several cousins, many friends, even church. Nobody wanted it and thrift store said they have many they cannot sell. So its up in the attic for now. Maybe it will be wanted sometime in the future.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:15 AM

Mine is the 15 yr old Kichen Aid & works like new.Don't use it a lot,but is perfect for nuts etc.I still make slaw by hand,same for salsa.The processor goes from small dice to mush very quickly.Think we are just too used to some things like sliced potatoes being done by hand.None of my newer appliances are used a lot.Old age speaking.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:44 AM

When I owned a B&B, I used mine almost every day to make scones. Now I use it to make pie crust, grate zucchini and carrots for breads, mix cookie dough. I used to make my own bread crumbs but now I just buy them. If you have a place to store it, a food processor can come in handy at times. These days, I use an immersion blender to make smooth soups, but I used to use the FP for that also.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:45 AM

I have a 3-cup one which has a small footprint, but does a great job. I use to have a 12-cup that was always too big for my needs.

h
a
Old 03-19-2017, 12:10 PM

I have one that I rarely use. However, I do use it to grate carrots for carrot cake or muffins. Also for when I make Chinese egg rolls. I hate cleaning it, so I avoid it. With just the two of us it is a lot easier just to do things by hand. I bought a small one to make a cheddar/horseradish cheese spread, but it wasn't powerful enough.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

I use mine to make laundry detergent (the dry kind), to grate cheese, whiz up cauliflower that I made in the Instant Pot, shred potatoes for latkes, cooked butternut squash soup, instead of blender when I don't feel like using the immersion blender, make pasta dough, but have only done this twice, chop onions. I don't use it every day but I'm glad I have it when I need it.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:37 PM

awesome to use for freezer meals = especially when you are doing meals for the week all in the same day. . Get a FP cookbook from the library or look online for FP recipes. They are great for getting the tedious chopping done.
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
exactly how/for what, does one use a food processor? I have a small electric chopper that I use if I need to, but was watching some you tube where a food processor was used to grate potatoes.......got to wondering what else? Looked some up, just out of curiosity, price range is quite varied......and some recipes: hummus, make your own peanut butter, mayo, baby food, none of which really interest me. Do you have one, what do you do with it?