Fresh Apple Cake
1 ¼ cups oil
2 cups sugar
3 whole eggs
1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups chopped apples
1 cup chopped nuts
3 cups sifted all purpose flour
1 stick margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup evaporated milk
Add 1 teaspoon vanilla after this has boiled and cooled a little.
1. Mix cake ingredients in order given.
2. Grease, flour and sprinkle baking pan lightly with cinnamon.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
4. Let cake cool while making glaze.
5. Bring ingredients for glaze to a rolling boil; stirring constantly. Let cool slightly, add 1 teaspoon vanilla.
6. Pour over cake. Will crystallize.