Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 'Frito Dish' This was made by my Mom long ago.

'Frito Dish' This was made by my Mom long ago.

FRITO DISH
    This is Quick and Good and Cheap!! Bake 350 45 min

9x13 dish spray with Pam
    1- med/lg bag cheddar cheese
    1-Lg can Chill-Con-Carne + 1-sm can. Heat on top of stove.
    1- med bag Fritos crushed, pour in dish
    3- green onions choped, use 1/2 over top of Fritos
    1- med. tomatoe choped, use 1/2 over top of Fritos
    1- sm. can olives choped, use 1/2 over top of Frito
    Now pour Chill over top,Add Cheese, add onions,tomatoes,olives over cheese. Cover with foil sprayed with Pam
    Bake. All you need is a Salad!!!
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

Blog Entries
    I make this alot. You don't have to bake it either. Just heat up the chili and pile it all on your plate. Then its kind of like chili nachos. All crunchy yummy yummy yummy.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

hey Airwick156 ? wonder My mom did this and so did her friend back in the mid 60's do you spose it was a thing on a pack of Fritos or on a can of Chilli?
    May Your Life Be Full of Charity and Love.

Blog Entries
    I have to try this one. Sounds great!

That sounds really good. I love all things Tex Mex and after all the turkey this would be a good change.
    Debra

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by icon17 View Post
    hey Airwick156 ? wonder My mom did this and so did her friend back in the mid 60's do you spose it was a thing on a pack of Fritos or on a can of Chilli?
    My mother in law told me that she got the recipe off of a can of Chili back in the late 50's. Ive been making it since 1988.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
    That sounds really good. I love all things Tex Mex and after all the turkey this would be a good change.
    Add some sour cream and guacamole and you have chili supreme nachos!!! Oh my mouth is watering now...yummy yummy. Beats anything you can get at Taco Bell thats for sure. LOL

Tsk tsk tsk... but Yum! We make a version of this too, but use tortilla chips on the side of the dish and layer all the wet ingredients. Will have to try yours - thanks for sharing!
    Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

Boy does that sound good and I know I like everything listed. I for sure will be making this one.
    Thanks a lot.
    cassiemae
    "BIG SKY COUNTRY"

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    OH man brings back memories.. Did anyone watch Diners, Dives & DriveIns last night ? they had a chicken Frito pie ! it looked yummy !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast