Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Frozen Snicker-Like Yummie >

Frozen Snicker-Like Yummie

Frozen Snicker-Like Yummie

Old 05-07-2011, 12:46 AM

For someone who is not watching their calorie counts, or who is preparing for an elegant dinner party, for someone who still makes time to cook (instead of quilt) this sounds like a to-die-for dessert. I have a notion I'll do a little simplification to get some of the sugar down, and scale for portion size. At any rate, I will make something similar to this. It's printed and hanging near the cook books for inspiration. See what you think.
http://cannelle-vanille.blogspot.com...ugat-milk.html

A melt-in-your-mouth burst of flavor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194069[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-194063.jpe  
Old 05-07-2011, 09:06 AM

It looks yummy but it is all in foreign measurements. Maybe one of our members here will translate for us!
Old 05-07-2011, 09:24 AM

The metric is part of the time issue for me too. I have metric measuring devices, but they won't help when I'm buying in standard measures.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:11 AM

Think I gained just look'in!!
Old 05-07-2011, 03:20 PM

There are lots of charts available for converting from the metric so we could probably give it a try, but this recipe sounds like an awful lot of work. Also, candy making is not always easy and I think if your measurements are not exact and the temperatures are off even a little bit, the whole thing could fail and just be a big mess.

What does it mean to put a frame on the sheet pan?

Another thing, the grocery stores near me don't carry glucose - I think it's some kind of clear sugar syrup. Also, I think I'd have to buy some kind of scale to weigh only 3 grams of gelatin - it's such a tiny bit. I wonder if it's worth it?

Maybe we could just make a batter, dip a real Snickers in it and deep fry it! (Deep-fried Oreos and Twinkies are yummy, too!)
Old 05-07-2011, 05:09 PM

This sounds more like a frozen mouse than a candy, per-say. The frame is a form which fits into the half sheet to raise the sides. I'd just divide the mixture into brownie pans. The Knox gelatin is 7 grams per package, I'd dump it in a little pile, take a sharp knife and guesstimate. (Pull the shades down first, LOL) The glucose is what we know as simple syrup. Nothing more than a concentrated sugar water. Great for sweetening cold drinks. Don't want to make it? Find it at your local package store, or in the cake section of Michaels, Hobby, Lobby, A.C. Moore, Jo Ann's, etc. I'm not a cake person, but I think those same stores may have half sheet frames, or a restaurant supply. LIS - I'd use brownie pans. Any one who is in the catering business may really like this. For Me and He, way too much trouble. However, the concept is mouth watering, & I'll modify it to suit my own needs, say, using a packaged flan mix.

Let's see - the crust - not much different than a graham cracker crust, using peanut butter with the crushed cereal and adding melted chocolate chips;

A no nut nougat recipe found on About.com http://candy.about.com/od/nougatcand...milknougat.htm;

A package of chocolate mouse, prepared according to directions;

Use a packaged flan mix or

Mix egg yokes (this recipe calls for almost 7, my batch would be smaller)with the cream, a touch of vanilla extract, a pinch of gelatin dissolved in warm water, a pinch of sea salt, and caramel ice cream topping. Whip, pour,and freeze. Add nuts if desired.

Complicated simplified.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Power Poster

yum!!!!!!!!!!!!