Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garlic Bread

Garlic Bread

A long time ago I had the most wonderful recipe for garlic bread but I lent the recipe to a "friend" and we aren't in contact anymore so maybe someone here can help. I remember the loaf was sliced in half and slathered with garlic butter and broiled for about 30 sec to 1 minute. The garlic butter had maybe basil or some other spice. I've tried to recreate the recipe but it just isn't the same.

Would it have oregano in there?
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Blog Entries
    I use to make up garlic butter and I put parsley flakes in mine. But I would think any Italian Seasoning would work great.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

I also sprinkle parsley on my garlic bread......sometimes add a bit of grated cheese!

Blog Entries
    To softened butter I add garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley, a bit of salt and pepper and parmesan cheese.
    Karen

I really like dill weed, parsley and paprika on my garlic bread.

Rosemary is also great on garlic bread

I like to lightly butter the bread then put sesame seeds on it sprinkle with parsley and parsaman cheese and place under the broiler until browned. Also Johnny's makes a yummy garlic seasoning to mix with butter and spread on the bread. (Can be found at Costco)

I use soft butter, garlic salt, oregano, basil, parsley, Mrs. Dash & parmesan cheese in the toaster oven.

A quick and easy way to make GB is -- freeze the garlic cloves whole. Broil or bake the bread to get it crispy. Rub thawed garlic cloves over crispy bread, the garlic melts and dissolves into the bread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast