Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Gluten Free. Dairy Free recipes? >

Gluten Free. Dairy Free recipes?

Gluten Free. Dairy Free recipes?

Old 02-13-2011, 05:10 AM

My grandboys have to go on a GF and DF diet for allergies....anyone have any good recipes for these?
Old 02-13-2011, 07:02 AM

Try the Betty Crocker site they have alot of gluten free . I use them for my DIL.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:08 PM

Will do ...thanks
Old 02-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

I substitute Vanilla and Chocolate Soy Milk in a lot of recipes. I am not a fan of the non flavored though LOL :D:D:D

Vanilla works great in cereal, oatmeal, french toast and pancake/waffle batter.
My Grands love the chocolate heated up.
They both work well in puddings too :D:D:D
Old 02-14-2011, 04:37 AM

great ideas...thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 08:57 AM

My go to place for these recipes is glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com I do not eat corn or soy either. I find almond milk great for baking or on hot cereal, rice milk plain or vanilla good for cold cereal and general use. Hemp milk is good when you want a cooked product to thicken up more. When you go to this site she chats a lot but you can just look at the categories she has, desserts, soups, etc. Also a good article for how to go gf if you are new at this. I find Betty Crocker and Bisquick etc with gf but not dairy free but haven't looked at them for a while.
Also Amazon sells a lot of gf foods tho you have to buy a case, maybe could find someone to split that eats this way? I hear Trader Joes has good prices on gf foods, we only have Whole Foods who prices put a big dent in the budget.
Hope this is some help, feel free to pm me with any questions.
Lynne from eastern KS
Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 AM

This is great info for those of us, or our families who need resourses! I can't digest soy in any form, and almost every processed product on the grocery shelves have some type of soy, or soybean oil. I have to read every ingredient label on everything! All the years, and the bills for Dr.s to discover my stomach issues were food related. Trader Joes is my go-to place as they carry an artisan bread with no soybean oil (only bread I've found!).
Old 02-14-2011, 03:40 PM

I ALSO HAVE THIS PROBLEM. NO GRAIN,OATMEAL,SOY MILK OR ANY DAIRY. THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS YOU CAN NOT EAT. USE ONLY ALMOND MILK..NO OTHERS. NO BREAD, NO BEEF...IT GOES ON AND ON. GET A BOOK ON WHAT YOU CAN AND CAN NOT EAT.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:06 PM

My DH has to eat gluten-free due to having celiac disease. Gluten-free mall has really good prices and lots of good products. Betty Crocker has good products and tasty. I've been doing this type of cooking for 6 years and you learn what tastes good and what does not!!! Barnes & Noble bookstores have some very good gluten-free cookbooks and some for kids, too!!!

kathi in PA
Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 AM

Our daughter, grandson, and granddaughter are all gf/df. Google it as well as check Living Without.com for recipes. There is so much more out there today than there was when we first started. A lot is trial and error with your favorite grandma recipes, but they seem to love whatever comes out of the oven, even when it looks like a "Bust" to me. I taught my grandson his grandpa's favorite saying when he really isn't fond of something, "Let's have this again next year." He loves that, and being the hardest to please, he has tried using it with me and now feels comfortable saying it.