Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Gluten free stuff

Gluten free stuff

Not really recipes -- but helps for those who want good tasting bready stuff.

Betty Crocker makes a gluten free brownie mix that Epicurious web site ranks as the best brownie mix period -- either gluten free or regular. I throw 1 cup of Hersey's dark chocolate chips in -- yum!!

Gluten free Bisquick -- the biscuits are yummy though not like normal baking powder biscuits.

I also made banana muffins using gluten free Bisquick -- I found a recipe on the web using regular Bisquick and just substituted the gluten free Bisquick and used buttermilk for the liquid.

Enjoy.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Passing this on to a friend who has to eat gluten free. Thank you, take care.

Senior Member ORSunshineQuilter's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing these little tidbits. Everything helps!
    BJ the Oregon Sunshine Quilter

Thanks for sharing!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    thanks for sharing !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

There are several cookbooks by Betty Hagman, and all are gluten free. She also provides a recipe for "gluten free flour." I found a lot of the ingredients in Asian food stores. You can also find rice vermicelli in the Asian food stores. The larger should have a significant assortment of different "flours" like tapioca, rice, potato starch, and bean flours.

Those brownies are good! I added some dark chocolate chunks and walnuts to mine.
    :-)
    CAS

Years ago I made a Gluten and Dairy free cookbook for my grandsons mom. He is Autistic and was on a Gluten free diet for a period of time. If there is anything in it that might be of interest to others let me know and I'll post it. There are alot more Gluten free products available these days then when I attempted this.

Judy

I also make cheesecake by substituting ground almonds for graham cracker crumbs.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.