Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Great New Website for Crockpot recipes. >

Great New Website for Crockpot recipes.

Great New Website for Crockpot recipes.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:01 AM

Default Great New Website for Crockpot recipes.

I just found this wonderful new website with all kinds of recipes for the crockpot. They will even send you recipes every day if you would like. Check it out. recipesthatcrock.com
Old 11-16-2016, 03:11 PM

I've subscribed to this site for at least a year or more. She has posted a number of dishes I hope to try and which I've saved. My only problem is I don't cook to the extent I did when I had three growing boys at home! So who knows when or even if I will ever try them.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:25 PM

M. Elizabeth your comment of cooking for 3 growing boys made me smile. My DH & I had 2 daughters, then one year we were asked to take in a 17 yr. old male exchange student (he was 6'4" when he arrived), and my nephew was in the Navy and stationed in San Diego that same year (he was 19 and 6'3'). That year we never threw out any left-overs and the crockpot was my best friend. Now with just my DH and I we use it sparingly and I have to freeze left overs.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by M.Elizabeth View Post
I've subscribed to this site for at least a year or more. She has posted a number of dishes I hope to try and which I've saved. My only problem is I don't cook to the extent I did when I had three growing boys at home! So who knows when or even if I will ever try them.
DD and SIL have 2 sons. When they were living at home, she called them her two " 6 foot silos". They were athletes and she would make 10 lbs of potato salad or scalloped potatoes at a time.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:45 PM
Power Poster

Funny. I had three brothers and when they were teens they would come home from school and fry pork chops to hold them until dinner time. No crock pots then!
Old 11-17-2016, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the info.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:11 PM

Great site. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2016, 05:02 AM

My first crockpot finally bit the dust a few years ago - it was about 25 years old. I have three different sized crockpots now but they all seem to get too hot; whereas, my first one was a better heat conductor. I think it was because the insert was a thicker stoneware. Oh well they just don't make things like they used to.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:57 AM

Karamarie, I find the same thing. The older ones were really good and ... stable .... compared to today's crockpots. I also found that when my big old 30 year old roaster bit the dust. I can't regulate and cook properly in my new one.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:26 AM

Over the years, I have bought 3 crockpots, all the Crockpot brand, and I confess, the first one was gold (the '70's color) and it was working fine when I donated it to Goodwill because I saw a 'pretty' blue and white one with a removable crock, so I used that one until just last year, again it was the original Crockpot brand and in perfect running order, never had a problem with this one either. I donated this one to Goodwill, and purchased a new oval one (again the Crockpot brand) that is programmable and has a Keep Warm function. So I have had really good luck with the Crockpot brand.