Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Guild Potluck Cake part II >

Guild Potluck Cake part II

Guild Potluck Cake part II

Old 06-17-2012, 06:16 AM

Talking Guild Potluck Cake part II

Okay so I am always trying to cut the fat in bake good so a wonderful woman on this site posted an Apricot Nectar Cake. It was just wonderful. I made one change, it was one of the moistest cakes I have ever made

Change
2/3 cup oil (veg or any mild tasting oil)
For
3/4 pear puree
one can of pears, puree all of it measure out 3/4 of a cup and save the rest for next time. You won't miss the fat, and it does not change the favor of the cake that's why I used pears. Give it a try and let me know. You can do this with any cake recipe
Enjoy
Old 06-17-2012, 06:28 AM

Do you drain the syrup or juice from the can? DH is diabetic so he usually selects something artifically sweetened or in light syrup or juice. This technique sounds like a pot of gold discovery! thx
Old 06-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by kay carlson View Post
Do you drain the syrup or juice from the can? DH is diabetic so he usually selects something artifically sweetened or in light syrup or juice. This technique sounds like a pot of gold discovery! thx
great question
the pears are in pear juice concentrate and I drank the juice didn't use it to make the puree. I am sure you can use any type of pear maybe even fresh ones...
Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 AM

You can also use applesauce instead of oil. I used to use the Mott's natural or unsweetened kind a lot.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 AM

I believe that was my recipe for Apricot Nectar Cake-our favorite dessert. I'm interested in the change you've made. Did the cake rise like it was supposed to? I've tried using applesauce as a substitute, but my loaves of bread didn't raise and ended up with a strange consistency-threw it all out.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by KyKaren1949 View Post
I believe that was my recipe for Apricot Nectar Cake-our favorite dessert. I'm interested in the change you've made. Did the cake rise like it was supposed to? I've tried using applesauce as a substitute, but my loaves of bread didn't raise and ended up with a strange consistency-threw it all out.
Yes, the cake did rise it was wonderful the best quick cake I have ever made...try it
Old 06-19-2012, 03:47 PM

I sure will! We're all dieting here, but if I can cut the calories, I might be able to justify making one. he he he
Old 06-19-2012, 03:52 PM

Kay Carlson, Pillsbury makes diabetic cake mixes now. They are very good. I make them for a friend of ours when we play dominoes. Barny
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 AM

Will you please post the whole recipe again, regular and reduced fat? I would like to have it all in one spot so I won't get lost again while I search for it. I get lost when I do a search because I get distracted by all the other interesting stuff out there. TIA