Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Heather's Blueberry Muffins

Heather's Blueberry Muffins

the guys i work with wait all year until summer when blueberries come into season so they can have these muffins for sunday breakfast. This recipie makes about 2 dozen large muffins.

1lb butter, unsalted
    3c sugar, white granulated
    8 whole eggs
    8c all purpose flour
    2tsp salt
    2Tbls baking powder
    2 pints of fresh blueberries
    2c buttermilk

In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together. once light and fluffy slowly add in the eggs a few at a time. once that is all mixed together, add in all the dry ingredients plus the blueberries. while your mixing in the dry, slowly add the buttermilk to the batter. once all is mix, bake in muffin cups at 325 till they are done.. i don't go by timers. so if you unsure stick a tooth pick in the center, if it comes out clean they are done! the trick to muffins is to not over mix them. mix just until the last few ingredients are combined. Hope you enjoy them!

Blog Entries
    Thanks,sounds so good with a cup of coffee

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    mmmmmmm I may have to make them this week !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

They sholy sound some kinda good!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

just in time for me to start doing something with my 20 gallons of berries!! But hubby plans on making wine with a majority of them ! Thanks for your receipe.........
    take plenty of pic of family & friends, keep tabs on loved ones but make time for yourself !

Blog Entries
    i can help you with part of that 20 gallons! YUM!!
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    We travel to Western Washington to buy 120-140 pounds of blueberries, bring them home and freeze them in gallon size Ziploc bags. I make blueberry pies, muffins, pancakes, etc. throughout the year. They are so easy to wash, dry and freeze. We can't wait til this year's crop is ready to buy.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]