Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 AM
kso

Originally Posted by Quiltlove
Breakfast Sausage Patties

1/4 cup water 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp salt 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp rubbed sage 1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp pepper 2 pounds lean ground pork

In a large bowl, combine water and seasonings. Crumble over pork and mix well. I use rubber gloves and mix by hand. Shape into 1" - 1 1/3" balls. Wet gloves to prevent sticking, this also helps brown patties during cooking.

Cook on electric grill at 300 degrees for 1 minutes. Turn with a wet spatula and flatten into patties. Continue cooking for 5-6 minutes until browned. Flip and cook other side til brown. It is helpful to cover with a sheet of foil during cooking.

I make these on a regular basis. My family won't eat anything else. Sometimes I substitue turkey for on of the pounds of meat. Vension could probably work also. Good luck and enjoy.
Sounds yummy.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:43 PM

I have tried many recipes. I didn't like any of them. I finally found one I like. It is Mrs Wages brand sausage mix. It is good for 5 pounds. I have not used it with venison. We mix it with 97% lean turkey. We love it. We are on diets and it is good. My husband is going to try it with venison as soon as he gets a deer.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:43 PM

i don't know whether you would call it luck or not. i went to a meat market, where they butcher and wrap. and got 2 packs of breakfast sausage spice mix, along with 10 lbs of pork shoulder to go with my 30 lbs of venison. i think it is about 30 lbs. it was hanging off the bathroom scales. and weighed 26 lbs. so that should make it like 3 to 1 mixture. the pork looks a little fatty. so i think i will mix up say a lb of ven to about 4 oz of pork, add some spice, and fry up a piece to see how i like it. i did get extra spices while i was in town to dr. it up, or to just use, if i don't like the seasoning i bought.
thanks for all the help. will see how it goes tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:08 AM

i made it up this morning. it turned out good. fried a littl up like you said, and ended up using both packets for 40 lbs total of meat. so it was heavier spiced than recommened but not twice as spicy. the mix i had was for 50 lbs.