Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ♥ Homemade Noodles

Blog Entries
    ♥ Craftybear♥ Google Goddess Surfing Queen of Links ♥
    http://quiltingforbeginners.blogspot.com/
    http://quiltinglibraryworldwide.blogspot.com/

Yum yum! I have asked my mom for her noodle recipe. It includes "butter the size of a walnut" and "an eggshell of water after you break the egg."

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the link Craftybear

I've made home made noodles all my life. I only use 2 eggs to one cup of flour, half tsp salt, & half tsp baking powder.
    Then after I mix & roll out, I flour it heavely & roll it into a log & slice the log the thickness I want the noodles to be. Then unroll the slices. Very yummy. Much better than the bought ones.

My absolute favorite meal. Mom would cook a brisket all day and make the noodles in the morning. Her biggest problem was keeping us out of them. Dad made her noodle hangers out of dowels. She laid the dowels across the top of two cabinets and hung the noodles to dry. When I was a teenager she got an electric pasta maker to roll out the dough.

I must be your mothers age..(was very hard to teach my kids, to just use a pinch of this or a drop of that..) egg shell measurement is more accurate than a "pinch" or just use a little of that ..

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Good to "see" you Craftybear .. Thanks for the site !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Thank you Crafty !!! glad to see you

Glad to see you Karen.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Thank you CraftyBear. My mother made homemade noodles, but she would roll then cut finely & toss & seprate them on a cookie sheet to dry. Pluss we would make ribble in almost the same way, difference we used only the yolk & kept adding more flour (in a big bowl). It is all size crumbs & cook with chicken broth or bullion. I still make this whenever I have egg yolk that someone has given me. They freeze the yolks in a container for me, at least it isn't thrown out. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast