Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
How many paying jobs have you had? >

How many paying jobs have you had?

How many paying jobs have you had?

Old 07-24-2016, 07:26 PM

Paper route (fifth to eighth grade)

Stock/cashier in a lumber store (sophomore year)

"Swamping" cherries (summer job)

Worked at a pizza restaurant, college cafe and museum cafe for the same owner, wherever I was needed to get my 40 hours a week (junior year until I was 22)

Also in there I worked little jobs (babysitting, helping with inventory for different companies, doing filing in an office), but they were just small things.

I've had the same employer for the last 15+ years, first going through the apprenticeship, then as an electrician, now in another position (a job and schedule I love, hope it stays great for 20 more years!)

So I've only worked for for five companies, but held a few different positions within those. Hope things go well and I can retire where I am, but if I get antsy and want to explore a new location, I have the option to transfer as an electrician or my current position.

Last edited by Sleepy Hollow; 07-24-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2016, 03:16 PM
yel

jobs jobs jobs ....have had many from factory to horse farm to steel construction to truck driver ......now ya want to talk about where they were ,,,,,i had 20 different phone numbers[before cell phones] in just 10 years
Old 07-30-2016, 06:03 PM

I work in the fields picking grapes for raisins, turning trays, rolling trays, and boxing raisins..Dad had a grape ranch and he only had 3 daughter so we worked the ranch in central CA as a family. Dad got paid once a year..so we were poor.

Did not work out of the ranch until i graduation from High school.

13 years at a sewing factory
for 10 years stayed home with little ones
Worked for self at a book and music store 8 years.
Worked 10 years for a non-profit as an advocate to recent immigrants-helping them adjust to America
Took a job also for a non-profit quilt store for 10 years until retirement.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:39 PM

Don't know if caring for two young sibllings while Mom worked in my father's business. Also later, worked in that business office myself. Was not "paid" but did learn a lot about working for the public and about responsibility. Then after college worked in the teaching profession for 34 years. I worked in a vo-tech school, then a high school. Went back to college for more certification and worked in jr. high and elementary schools until retirement. After retirement, taught a couple of basic sewing classes at a fabric store.Lots of volunteering here and there -- church, community, and a national historic site. Oh, and did I mention there was family -- DH and three children.