Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ISO of dip for crackers which is made with???

Blog Entries

ISO of dip for crackers which is made with???

Hi Everyone, here's my question. I'm looking for a dip that you make in a pan which has layers. It has grated cheeze, some kinda white stuff, chopped green onion, small chopped pieces of tomatoe, I think there was some kind of tomatoe sauce ?????So does anyone know what this is called. I want to dip party crackers in it.

Thanks a million bunches for helping.

Quilty Hugs

Search for Seven Layer Dip and you will find many recipes. One of them is probably what you are looking for.

I have a dip recipe that I use frequently and it is always a hit. Four layers, start with cream cheese on bottom, layer with black beans, then chunky salsa and grated cheddar on top. Bake for approximate 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with tortilla chips, preferably the scoop kind. Merry Christmas to you.
    Kitsy

Blog Entries
    Try going to www.cdkitchen.com and put in 7 Layer Dip. Great site for all kinds of recipes. Even copycat recipes. It's my go to site for all kinds of things. Hope it helps.
    Vonda-Texas MiMi of 4 Beautiful Grandbabies

sounds like a taco dip you can google and get lots of various ions

Quote Originally Posted by btiny36 View Post
    Hi Everyone, here's my question. I'm looking for a dip that you make in a pan which has layers. It has grated cheeze, some kinda white stuff, chopped green onion, small chopped pieces of tomatoe, I think there was some kind of tomatoe sauce ?????So does anyone know what this is called. I want to dip party crackers in it.

Thanks a million bunches for helping.

Quilty Hugs
    Bottom layer is a mixture of cream cheese & sour cream(500 ml) whipped together & then spread in bottom of pan.
    You then add Salsa sauce on top, then add grated cheddar cheese, chopped onions (the long ones with the long green stems) & chopped green peppers & some chopped tomatoes. Use with taco chips or I guess you could try it with crackers but we always serve it with taco chips. DELICIOUS !!
    We call it Taco dip here but it may also go by other names too. Hope this helps.
    Dance like no one is watching

Sever layer dip......I found that instead of sour cream I use cream cheese on the bottom and it hold up a lot better....

Also, if you refrigerate each layer for a little while, it's easier to spread on the next layer. And you don't have to use seven layers, you can use five or whatever number of ingredients you like...

my first thought was 7 layer dip but in doing a search I also found this one which might work for your crackers too.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,2315,...234204,00.html