Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Jiffy Corn Casserole

Jiffy Corn Casserole

http://openhouse.homegoods.com/index...corn-casserole My sister made this for a recent family gathering and it was a really big hit! I have since made it by adding cooked ground chuck with sauteed onions and green peppers topped with shredded fiesta cheese to the mix and it is also quite tasty. You can spread the cooked ground chuck on the bottom of the pan and top with cheese before adding cornbread mix or you can just stir it right into the mix. I'll have to try to make this for the next guild meeting.

I make it, and love it! I call it "Corn Flop Casserole" - because the first time I made I dropped the casserole and it went FLOP right onto my oven door!!!

haven't made it in a while because husband claims he doesn't like cream corn or corn bread. What is wrong with that man??
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

I couldn't find the recipe.

Sorry about the page listing, I copied it from the site but it does not open correctly, if you google "Jiffy Corn Casserole" you will find plenty, however.

http://community.tasteofhome.com/com...7/6858949.aspx You can try this site, I just found it there, also.

My family loves this corn casserole -- woe unto me if it's not on the Thanksgiving table! Thanks for the "add-in" suggestion. Sounds yummy.

It doesn't open for me.so sad....DH loves corn and sounded interesting to bring to dinner at in-laws.

I make mine using: 1 can creamed corn, 1 can whole kernal corn, 8 oz. sour cream, 2 eggs and 1 box of jiffy cornbread mix. Mix all together and bake @ 350 until golden brown. Super easy and always a hit at family and church gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by dgeskine View Post
    http://openhouse.homegoods.com/index...corn-casserole My sister made this for a recent family gathering and it was a really big hit! I have since made it by adding cooked ground chuck with sauteed onions and green peppers topped with shredded fiesta cheese to the mix and it is also quite tasty. You can spread the cooked ground chuck on the bottom of the pan and top with cheese before adding cornbread mix or you can just stir it right into the mix. I'll have to try to make this for the next guild meeting.
    That url just takes me to the shopping pages...

This is served right along side the traditional green bean casserole at my house. Love it!