Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Looking for Easy n Fast Lasagna >

Looking for Easy n Fast Lasagna

Looking for Easy n Fast Lasagna

Old 03-06-2011, 03:15 PM

I'm also the Home Ec Club advisor at the high school where I work. We meet after school once a week for 90 minutes. They want to make lasagna. I need something that doesn't take an hour to bake and I would prefer to be able to use uncooked noodles. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:19 PM

they make Lasagna noodles that you don't cook you just layer everything in the dish and bake they get tender cooking in the sauce I do it all the time hope this helps
Old 03-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Everything seems to take an hour in a typical casserole pan, perhaps use smaller dishes for every 2 people to help speed up cooking, maybe 25-30 minutes instead of 60?

As far as recipes goes, I use Pioneer Women's lasagna recipe when I have to make it - pretty easy. I'm sure you could used the no boil noodles with no issue.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...e_best_lasagn/
Old 03-07-2011, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by AliceQ
I'm also the Home Ec Club advisor at the high school where I work. We meet after school once a week for 90 minutes. They want to make lasagna. I need something that doesn't take an hour to bake and I would prefer to be able to use uncooked noodles. Thanks for any help.
I make this one quite often..not traditional by any means

1 package ravioli
1 jar spaphetti sauce large
1 cup frozen spinach broken u
1 package motzerella cheese

put in one layer ravioli in 11" pan, spread with sauce and put ½ spinach on top. sprinkle with half of cheese. layer ravioli on top and spread with sauce, rest of spinach, sauce and top with cheese...bake 45 minutes until bubbly, so good (you probably won't use all of ravioli if its a large package...)
Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 AM

1 pound ground beef
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 cans tomato paste
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon tabasco sauce
1/4 lb. mozzarella cheese
1 package wide noodles, cooked, 8 oz.
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cottage cheese
Brown beef, onion, celery, and green pepper. Blend in tomato paste, mustard, oregano, salt, pepper and sauces. Continue to cook, stir occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Blend sour cream and noodles. Layer half sour cream and noodles, meat, cheese, cottage cheese, and top with remaining noodles. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. 6-8 servings.
**Mom's variation: layer 1/2 noodles, meat, cottage cheese and remaining noodles. Cover with lid and microwave on high 5 minutes. Top with cheese. Cook uncovered 5 more minutes.

I love this recipe. My family likes it better in the microwave than the oven and only cooking 10 minutes really works for me.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by AliceQ
This is easy to make 1 day, and cook the next.

Red And Green Lasagna

In this convenient dish, you don't even have to precook the pasta. layered with cheese and a rich vegetable sauce, it cooks as the casserole bakes.

Preparation time: about 35 minutes.

Cookinq time: about 20 minutes.
Baking time: about I hour.

Makes 6 to 8 servings

Prepare tomato-mushroom sauce-

1 t. EVOO 2 1/2 t. dry basil
2 large onions (chopped fine) 16 oz.can tomato sauce
1 large red bell pepper (chopped) 6 0z. can tomato paste
8 oz. mushrooms (chopped) 1 T. soy sauce
3 cloves garlic (minced) 1/2c. dry red wine

Cook vegetables in EVOO 15-20 minutes until all liquid is gone. Add wet items, cook to a boil, use hot.

1 large egg 1/4 t. pepper
1 large egg white 1/3 c. grated Romano Cheese
1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen spinach (thaw 1/8 t. nutmeg
and squeeze dry.) 8 oz. dry lasagna noodles
2 c. low fat cottage cheese 6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese (topping)

Stir eggs, spinach, cheeses, pepper and nutmeg.

Spread 1/4 of sauce in 9" x 13"baking dish. top with 1/3 of uncooked Lasagna noodles. Spoon on 1/3 of spinach mixture. Repeat pattern 3 more times, ending with tomato sauce. Sprinkle top with mozzarella cheese. Cover tightly, (you may refrigerate up to 1 day at this point).

Bake covered at 375 degrees for one hour if fresh, and 1 & 1/2 hour if refrigerated.

Allow to cool 15 minutes before cutting if you want the pretty presentation.

I sometimes add - green peppers, olives, even chopped or grated zucchini, and ground meat {cooled}. (I add 1 extra egg if I do, and mix into spinach mixture)

This is the easiest basic Lasagna I have ever found.

Manga!
Old 03-08-2011, 07:33 PM
JT

Can you make it ahead and just turn on the crock pot. That has worked for me. You'll need 4-5 hours on low on the crockpot.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:44 PM

Here's an easy Mexican LaSAGNA. Brown about a pound or more it you like of hamburger drain. Add 2 16 oz or a large can of redfried beans to hambuger combine well. Mix 2 1/2cxups salsa with same amout of water (2 1/2c.) in large bowl. Lay 3 or 4 uncooked noodles in bottom of 13x9 pan. Spread with part of the hamburger bean mixture. continue with noodles and meat. Last pour salsa and water mixture over, cover with foil and bake at 350 about 1 hour or until noodles are done. Remove foil and let set a few minutes to firm up. Serve with shredded cheese, shredded lettuce. sour cream. chopped onions and additional salsa or tace sauce. It freezes well. Just cut into squares and wrap in foil.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

Sounds good